+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 459 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Adrian.

Another £1 bargain, not quite as quiet as the previous one above, but still listenable.

Beethoven* / Sergio Fiorentino / George Hurst / The Hamburg Pro Musica ‎– Piano Concerto No. 5 In E Flat Major, Op. 73 "The Emperor" / 32 Variations In C Minor
    Label: A•R•C Records ‎– XID 5047, Saga (5) ‎– XID 5047
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Reissue
    Released: 1965
    Genre: Classical
    Style: Romantic

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

A great mix of music

Various ‎– 2001: A Space Odyssey (Music From The Motion Picture Sound Track)
    Label: MGM Records ‎– 2315 034
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Reissue
    Genre: Classical, Stage & Screen
    Style: Soundtrack, Neo-Romantic, Neo-Classical, Contemporary

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Magnificent - my favourite piece of music - it brought tears to my eyes.

Super performance Jerry thanks for that

Here's one of my favourite LPs, Buxtehude this time, played by Lionel Rogg on a pedal harpsichord - in his will it was noted that Bach had two of these instruments which was quite something in those days (v expensive). Basically the pedal harpsichord was a full two manual harpsichord with a pedal board that had plucked bass strings slung underneath, intended as an alternative for organ practice (which pre-electricity required gathering an army of small boys to puff the bellows). In fact some of Bach's music is quite idiomatic for harpsichord + pedalboard, notably some of the 'instructional' organ music written by Bach senior for sons WF and CPE.

Though clearly intended for organ, Buxtehude's music comes across wonderfully on this instrument and there's a Passacaglia here too. Unfortunately not currently available on Cd but some free downloads are available.

I'm gone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Magnificent - my favourite piece of music - it brought tears to my eyes.

There are some wonderfully low bass notes there.

I remember whilst at university we played this on two sets of speakers: my own, a Wharfedale 8" driver in a 1 cu ft distributed port enclosure, and Lowther Acoustas with PM6 drivers.

I fully expected the Lowthers to perform better than my speakers; indeed when the low note was reached my speakers distorted heavily producing a spluttering flatulent noise. However on the Lowthers, when the low note was reached there was complete silence! - the bass frequency was below the cut off of the Lowther horn design.
    Barry

I'm gone.

Pretty darn wonderful Beethoven cello sonatas 1 and 2 by Fournier and Gulda

https://open.spotify.com/album/09hna...SIWtbulycdXj_A

I'm gone.

I'm gone.

omg

I'm gone.

I'm gone.

+ Reply to Thread