+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 380 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380
Results 3,791 to 3,796 of 3796

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Adrian.

Another 1 bargain, not quite as quiet as the previous one above, but still listenable.

Beethoven* / Sergio Fiorentino / George Hurst / The Hamburg Pro Musica ‎ Piano Concerto No. 5 In E Flat Major, Op. 73 "The Emperor" / 32 Variations In C Minor
    Label: ARC Records ‎ XID 5047, Saga (5) ‎ XID 5047
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Reissue
    Released: 1965
    Genre: Classical
    Style: Romantic

[FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound

Michel GyroDec, SME IV arm, Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Meridian 508 CD, Tisbury passive pre-amp, pair Renaisance RA-01 300b amps, Impulse H2's and Wilson Benesch ARC speakers depending on how I feel, Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre

I'm Adrian.

A great mix of music

Various ‎ 2001: A Space Odyssey (Music From The Motion Picture Sound Track)
    Label: MGM Records ‎ 2315 034
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Reissue
    Genre: Classical, Stage & Screen
    Style: Soundtrack, Neo-Romantic, Neo-Classical, Contemporary

[FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound

Michel GyroDec, SME IV arm, Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Meridian 508 CD, Tisbury passive pre-amp, pair Renaisance RA-01 300b amps, Impulse H2's and Wilson Benesch ARC speakers depending on how I feel, Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Magnificent - my favourite piece of music - it brought tears to my eyes.

Super performance Jerry thanks for that

Here's one of my favourite LPs, Buxtehude this time, played by Lionel Rogg on a pedal harpsichord - in his will it was noted that Bach had two of these instruments which was quite something in those days (v expensive). Basically the pedal harpsichord was a full two manual harpsichord with a pedal board that had plucked bass strings slung underneath, intended as an alternative for organ practice (which pre-electricity required gathering an army of small boys to puff the bellows). In fact some of Bach's music is quite idiomatic for harpsichord + pedalboard, notably some of the 'instructional' organ music written by Bach senior for sons WF and CPE.

Though clearly intended for organ, Buxtehude's music comes across wonderfully on this instrument and there's a Passacaglia here too. Unfortunately not currently available on Cd but some free downloads are available.

Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; tube preamp - Gate Audio tube; Vinyl: Technics SL10 with Pickering TL-3; Phono Stage from Gate Audio preamp; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink.

I'm Jerry.

Jerry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Magnificent - my favourite piece of music - it brought tears to my eyes.

There are some wonderfully low bass notes there.

I remember whilst at university we played this on two sets of speakers: my own, a Wharfedale 8" driver in a 1 cu ft distributed port enclosure, and Lowther Acoustas with PM6 drivers.

I fully expected the Lowthers to perform better than my speakers; indeed when the low note was reached my speakers distorted heavily producing a spluttering flatulent noise. However on the Lowthers, when the low note was reached there was complete silence! - the bass frequency was below the cut off of the Lowther horn design.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Jerry.

Pretty darn wonderful Beethoven cello sonatas 1 and 2 by Fournier and Gulda

https://open.spotify.com/album/09hna...SIWtbulycdXj_A

Jerry

+ Reply to Thread