+ Reply to Thread
Page 367 of 367 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367
Results 3,661 to 3,666 of 3666

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Grant.

Full version now available

See if it eases my stonker of a headache
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Jerry.

wonderful concert

Jerry

Qobuz 16/44 streaming >> Acer laptop >> Halide Bridge USB (with AQVOX USB power) >> Wadia 151 PowerDAC >> Podium 0.5 speakers & 2x Jamo SW200 subs.

'Resting' - Herron VTSP2 preamp, Trigon TRE50M monoblocks, MBL 116f speakers

Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

Headphones: Fostex TH600, Audeze EL-8, Wharfedale Isodynamic, Philips Fidelio X2
    Headphone amp: Denon DN-A 100 integrated amp

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    wonderful concert

I love stuff by Hesperion XX/Jordi Savall with Montserrat Figueras. I think they're married?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Bach repurposed the trio sonatas in all sorts of ways with the same music popping up in all sorts of places arranged for different instrumental combinations (including random 'sinfonia' movements in occasional cantatas), and performers have subsequently done the same with their own arrangements.

If you like the above you should like this - some wonderful transcriptions for viola da gamba:

https://www.allmusic.com/album/relea...a-mr0002696690
    Just looked it up, BWV 530 is an organ sonata, I guess "trio" refers to 2 manuals and the pedals? Are the arrangements you refer to Tom all of organ works?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Tom.

In strict terms a trio sonata was for two melody parts and continuo, which comprised a 'bass' instrument - most likely a viola da gamba or cello in the period ... Bach himself often took the gamba part in chamber music - plus a keyboard part that was intended as an improvised an accompaniment using figured bass (a kind of shorthand that showed what harmony was intended at key points of the bass part )- so trio sonatas are often performed by four performers. But with organ you can have two melody parts plus bass (no 'accompaniment') performed by a single person - but it's fiendishly difficult to play three actual melodies at once and indeed the trio sonatas for organ were written (as indeed quite a lot of the organ works were) for his eldest son Wilhelm Friedemann who was quite the virtuoso thanks to his dad pushing him very hard.

These basic blocks were organised in all sorts of ways for example some works that are effectively trio sonatas contain the second melody part on the harpsichord and a written out accompaniment that includes bass - where the gamba part is effectively optional and can be omitted. So you can have a trio sonata with one, two, three or even four players involved. (Perhaps all with the same basic musical content).

That CD contains all sorts of arrangements some by Bach some by others of Bach's music, all in the spirt of the sort of thing that Bach would have done with it.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST25 supertweeters; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; tube preamp - Gate Audio tube; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 Mk I tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage from Gate Audio preamp; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink.

I'm Jerry.

An interesting mix of contemporary and baroque solo violin pieces

Jerry

Qobuz 16/44 streaming >> Acer laptop >> Halide Bridge USB (with AQVOX USB power) >> Wadia 151 PowerDAC >> Podium 0.5 speakers & 2x Jamo SW200 subs.

'Resting' - Herron VTSP2 preamp, Trigon TRE50M monoblocks, MBL 116f speakers

Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

Headphones: Fostex TH600, Audeze EL-8, Wharfedale Isodynamic, Philips Fidelio X2
    Headphone amp: Denon DN-A 100 integrated amp

+ Reply to Thread