+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 459 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Most annoying this won’t read in CD player or Mac CD player, I was trying to digitised it onto NAS drive. Ended up playing on DVD player, feeding usb and into Audacity to record digitally and then transfer to NAS drive. I have noticed the odd click, and am beginning to suspect SACD/CD degradation going on, very annoying, especially as this is a great recording.

Walter Susskind, St. Louis Symphony Orchestra* ‎– Smetana - Má Vlast (Complete Symphonic Cycle)
    Label: Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab ‎– UDSACD 4006
    Series:
    Original Master Recording – , Ultradisc UHR – , Surround Series – Format: SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Remastered
    Released: 2004
    Genre: Classical

Sorted the blighter out. I noticed some fine scratches across the disk, so I took my SACD life in my hands and applied some very fine plastic polish and rubbed liberally until I could not see them, and I then polished the whole disc, popped into CD player and hey presto as if like magic it plays, no noise either. So I am enjoying it whilst I transfer it to FLAC. ��
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Mmm. no, Hindemith is not my thing.

Onto this, excellent again from Blomstedt / SFSO.

Kind of with you on that, Jerry. Trying to 'do' Hindemith at the moment as I don't feel I've given him a fair go. His lieder are excellent though, at least the ones I've heard. I have some chamber music - piano sonatas and the like - on order & hope I'll make some headway with his smaller stuff.

I'm Adrian.

This is a marvellous piece of music and beautifully played, I have this and two of the other Richard Strauss recordings by Fabio Luisi and they are all stunning.

Well worth getting

Richard Strauss / Staatskapelle Dresden, Fabio Luisi, Anja Harteros ‎– Eine Alpensinfonie • Vier Letzte Lieder
    Label: Sony Classical ‎– 88697141972
    Format: SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Album, DSD
    Released: 2007
    Style: Neo-Romantic

the other to are

Richard Strauss, Fabio Luisi, Staatskapelle Dresden ‎– Ein Heldenleben / Metamorphosen
    Label: Sony Classical ‎– 88697084712

Richard Strauss - Don Juan Aus Italien - Don Chisciotte (2 Cd).https://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Str...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    This is a marvellous piece of music and beautifully played, I have this and two of the other Richard Strauss recordings by Fabio Luisi and they are all stunning.
    Interesting, I've not come across Fabio Luisi before.
    Playing his Bruckner 9 atm, very impressive indeed!

https://open.spotify.com/album/3C3rk...R8-Xge1WqRePPg

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Interesting, I've not come across Fabio Luisi before.
    Playing his Bruckner 9 atm, very impressive indeed!

https://open.spotify.com/album/3C3rk...R8-Xge1WqRePPg

I have to look that one out and have a listen, I don’t know it

I'm gone.

After 40 years of occasionally trying, I am finally getting the point of Nielsen's music.
    The 1st symphony here is really quite something!

https://open.spotify.com/album/6IJ8W...QKOFEF4f9zxuEA

I'm Tony.

I love Nielsen, and there are now some really first rate cycles around. That Oramo is excellent, but there is strong competition from Alan Gilbert (dry recording) John Storgards and especially Paavo Jarvi - all well worth seeking out !

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by basslover View Post
    I love Nielsen, and there are now some really first rate cycles around. That Oramo is excellent, but there is strong competition from Alan Gilbert (dry recording) John Storgards and especially Paavo Jarvi - all well worth seeking out !
    I've listened to P Jarvi and Storgards, and Oramo gets my vote, for whatever that is worth!

I'm gone.

Magnificent - my favourite piece of music - it brought tears to my eyes.

I'm Adrian.

Another £1 picked up from the Hospicare one of five and all in NM condition. This is a goody musically.

Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy / Hungarian State Orchestra* / Iván Fischer* ‎– Symphony No. 3 In A Minor "Scottish" / The Hebrides Overture "Fingal's Cave"
    Label: Hungaroton ‎– SLPD 12660
    Format: Vinyl, LP
    Released: 1985
    Style: Neo-Classical

+ Reply to Thread