+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 459 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Adrian.

Antonio Vivaldi, Nils-Erik Sparf, The Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble* – The Four Seasons
    Label: BIS – LP-275, BIS – BIS-LP-275
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: Jan 1985
    Genre: Classical
    Style: Baroque

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Beethoven* / Karajan*, Berliner Philharmoniker – 9 Symphonien
    Label: Deutsche Grammophon – 2740 172
    Format: Box Set 8 x Vinyl, LP
    Released: 1977

Symphonie Nr. 7 A-dur Op. 92

I have that box set.

In general I find that a particular conductor will not always provide the best interpretaion of all of a composer's compositions, so in the case of Beethoven and Mozart, I will have separate LPs of their works performed/conducted by those I think the best; but of course it's entirely subjective.

Another box set of the Beethoven symphonies I have and like is that by Karl Böhm, conducting the Weiner Philharmoniker:

Beethoven – Wiener Philharmoniker, Karl Böhm – 9 Symphonien

Label: Deutsche Grammophon – 2721 154
    Series: Beethoven Edition 1970
    Format: 8xVinyl, LP, Box Set
    Released: 1972
    Style: Classical, Romantic
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Antonio Vivaldi, Nils-Erik Sparf, The Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble* – The Four Seasons
    Label: BIS – LP-275, BIS – BIS-LP-275
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: Jan 1985
    Style: Baroque

Good LP - my favourite recording which uses period instruments.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I have that box set.

In general I find that a particular conductor will not always provide the best interpretaion of all of a composer's compositions, so in the case of Beethoven and Mozart, I will have separate LPs of their works performed/conducted by those I think the best; but of course it's entirely subjective.

Another box set of the Beethoven symphonies I have and like is that by Karl Böhm, conducting the Weiner Philharmoniker:

Beethoven – Wiener Philharmoniker, Karl Böhm – 9 Symphonien

Labeleutsche Grammophon – 2721 154
    Series:Beethoven Edition 1970
    Format:8xVinyl, LP, Box Set
    Released:1972
    Genre:Classical
    Style:Classical, Romantic
    I like Beethoven, I know he’s not everyone’s cuppa tea, but along with Mozart, and Vivaldi probably a master of his art.

I have nearly all his symphonies on two records, I have a good 3rd, 5th and 6th. I am not that keen on the rest of them in terms of the renditions/recordings.

That’s where I find classical tricky, you might find a composition that you like but sometimes get put off by an odd interpretation in how it’s performed. I suppose it’s the one musical performance is everything, but some blues and jazz fans could also seek the perfect performance of a song or piece.

I will see if the version is available at a reasonable price.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Dominick.

I'm Adrian.

Just finished, lovely...

Johann Sebastian Bach, Joseph Haydn - Arthur Grumiaux, Raymond Leppard / English Chamber Orchestra – Bach/Haydn Violin Concertos
    Label: Fontana – 6530 004
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Reissue, Stereo

I'm Adrian.

A good rendition and recording this one, IMO ....

Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wiener Philharmoniker, Karl Böhm – Symphonie Nr.5
    Label: Deutsche Grammophon – 2530 062
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Stereo, Gatefold

Since it was released in 1970, the recording could well be part of the box set I mentioned earlier.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Picked this up a few days ago in a charity shop for £1, along with a few others, and it is gorgeous musically, lovely stuff!!

Luigi Boccherini - Smithsonian Chamber Players*, M.McDonald*, J.Garrigue*, A.Martin*, K.Slowik*, A.Bylsma* – Quintette/Quintets, Op.11, 4-6
    Label: Deutsche Harmonia Mundi – RD77159
    Format: CD, Album
    Released: 1991

Nice! - both musically and in cost. Well done.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread