+ Reply to Thread
Page 440 of 459 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Liszt / Smetana - Berliner Philharmoniker, Herbert von Karajan – 'Les Préludes · Ungarische Rhapsodie Nr. 2 / Vyšehrad · Die Moldau'

Label: Deutsche Grammophon – 139 037 SLPM
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Reissue, Stereo
    Released: 1969
    Genre: Classical
    Style: Romantic
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

This is one of my favourite classical pieces, I rather like this version and I also have the 1971 recording by Boston Symphony Orchestra • William Steinberg.

I would love to know what you consider the best recording/version of this piece so I could have a listen. Thanks

Richard Strauss, Michel Schwalbé, Berliner Philharmoniker · Herbert von Karajan – Also Sprach Zarathustra
    Label: Deutsche Grammophon – 2530 402
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Stereo
    Released: 1974
    Style: Modern

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

The best version I have of this classic, full of attack, dynamics, sweeps along with great musicality, feeling and detail. If you love this piece get a copy.

Antonio Vivaldi, Nils-Erik Sparf, The Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble* – The Four Seasons
    Label: BIS – LP-275, BIS – BIS-LP-275
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: Jan 1985

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    This is one of my favourite classical pieces, I rather like this version and I also have the 1971 recording by Boston Symphony Orchestra • William Steinberg.

I would love to know what you consider the best recording/version of this piece so I could have a listen. Thanks

Richard Strauss, Michel Schwalbé, Berliner Philharmoniker · Herbert von Karajan – Also Sprach Zarathustra
    Label: Deutsche Grammophon – 2530 402
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Stereo

Sorry Adrian, I can't help you there - the only bit of Also Sprach Zarathustra I have is the opening track on an LP of the soundtrack to the film '2001 A Space Odessey'. And that was bought, not for the Richard Strauss, but for the Ligeti.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Sorry Adrian, I can't help you there - the only bit of Also Sprach Zarathustra I have is the opening track on an LP of the soundtrack to the film '2001 A Space Odessey'. And that was bought, not for the Richard Strauss, but for the Ligeti.
    No worries, on TAS I was recommended "the Eugene Ormandy recording with the Philadelphia Orchestra on EMI", I have found a reasonably priced NM copy on Discogs, so when it arrives and I have had a listen I will let you know what I think.

By the way the whole piece is very well worth listening to, there are several parts of it I am sure I have heard in films or TV documentaries/ads, apart from the opening that is used in 2001.

I'm Adrian.

Tomita, Debussy – Snowflakes Are Dancing (The Newest Sound Of Debussy)
    Label: RCA Red Seal – ARL1-0488, RCA Red Seal – ARL1 0488
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Dave Tucker Master
    Genre: Electronic, Classical

Anne Queffélec – 'French Piano Works'

Label: BBC Music – BBCMM394, BBC Music Magazine – BBCMM394
    Series: The BBC Music Magazine Collection – Vol. 24 No. 6
    Format: CD, Compilation
    Released: 2016
    Barry

Bartók, Lutosławski – 'Concertos For Orchestra'

Label: BBC Music Magazine – BBC MM288
    Series: The BBC Music Magazine Collection – Vol. 16 No. 5
    Format: CD, Album
    Released: 2007
    Barry

Ligeti – 'Aventures - Nouvelles Aventures - Atmosphères - Volumina'

Label: WERGO – WER 60022
    Series: Studio Reihe Neuer Musik
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
    Style: Contemporary
    Barry

Ligeti – Kammerkonzert / Ramifications (Version Für Streichorchester) / Ramifications (Version Für 12 Solostreicher) / Zehn Stücke Für Bläserquintett / Artikulation

Label: WERGO – WER 60059
    Series: Studio Reihe Neuer Musik
    Format: Vinyl, LP
    Released: 1971
    Genre: Electronic, Classical
    Style: Contemporary, Experimental
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread