+ Reply to Thread

Thread: amps to match quad 63s

I'm tony.

Default amps to match quad 63s

I would appreciate advice regarding matching an amp or amps to match with quad 63s. They work very well with the mini t, just wondering if theyre is a good match for them either from the quad stable or further afield. Second hand bargains would be nice.
    Thanks Tony.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'd be tempted to look at valves personally. Tell you what, I've a pair of monoblocks ( the ones you heard the last time you were across) that you're welcome to take away with you to see how you get on if you like? They are a monoblock clone of the WAD KEL84 with valve rectifier.

I'm tony.

thanks Ali, kind offer....was thinking more along the lines of quad 33/303 for a couple of hundred quid.....More looking for a steer of what would work and what wouldnt.
    cheers.

I'm graham.

Find yourself a nice, gently used 303 and slowly go down the (I don't like the term "upgrade") regeneration route - a new replacement Power supply from Net Audio or Da-Da, then the Caps and so on. You just can't go far wrong.

I'm tony.

Graham,
    food for thought,

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Tony, if you like them, you can have them for £200 seeing as it's you, a bargain as I paid a fair bit more than that for them. Having had three pairs of statics, I've always found valves to sound the best with them.

I'm andy.

Depends on your decision with the ^^^^ offer,Have just the thing for you here (33/303),
    got the full Net Audio upgrade for it a year back and done nothing with them ,
    will do it for the same price as Ali's offer but you'll have to do the upgrades yourself.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm gone.

An Audiolab 8000P gets an excellent grip on 63s, and makes them lose some of their slack and lazy habits.
    I had Quad 405 and 405/2 with mine (many years ago!) - they were pretty clueless compared to the 8000P.

I'd still be fascinated to hear them with a Mini-T, though!

+ Reply to Thread