+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beresford 7520 upgrade recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Confused.

FWIW my opinion on the best op-amps for the 7520 and all it's derivatives (mine started of as a basic but now has had 'everything' done to it, including Caimanising) are a pair of round metal OPA111 on a 2 into 1 adapter. Unless you are lucky they are now frighteningly expensive but I got mine some time ago when they were much cheaper .
    I loaned my 111s and adapter to a friend on here to try in his similarly specc'd 7520 and he agreed they were the best he'd heard too.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Brian.

See what you mean about expensive Dave . Also most of the sellers on Ebay are Chinese and I would be highly suspicious of those . Can you please tell me where you sourced yours .
    Brian.

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    See what you mean about expensive Dave . Also most of the sellers on Ebay are Chinese and I would be highly suspicious of those . Can you please tell me where you sourced yours .
    Brian.
    Mine ame from an eBay seller in the USA IIRC - I'll see if I can chase the actual source down and post later.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Brian.

Thanks Dave.
    Brian

I'm Confused.

Brian,
    Interim message: -
    I tried to source another pair for my friend but drew a blank. One guy I eBay messaged trades under the name of 'frugaphile'. He told me he couldn't help because of the expense but recommended that I approached another eBay seller in HK or China who trades under the name of 'audjade_chn'. This guy has access to stripped out used items - his listings make no secret of the fact - and frugaphile said he was a good guy to deal with. For some reason I don't think I took it any further but I will keep digging.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:

I'm Brian.

Thanks Dave , I have dealt with Ebay seller frugalphile before and he is an excellent seller. Bought a couple of lme4972ha opamps mounted on adaptors from him for a very good price Thanks for the suggestions , I will have a look at them.
    Brian.

I'm Confused.

Brian,
    These are the items concerned, lifted from my eBay archive With some slight embarrassment I have to 'fess up that my memory may not be totally reliable. These are definitely the items I bought (after guidance from a forum friend) but I see they are listed as OPA2111 but the identification etched on the side of each is definitely OPA111. The difference may be unimportant, I'm a know nothing numpty on these matters, but equally it may make all the difference in the world: -

OPA2111 KP dual Low Noise DiFET OpAmp, Pro audio (2)
    (item no. 170632920731)
    Member ID audiosector | Feedback score of 10165 | 99.9%
    Sale date: 28/07/11

Hope it helps a little, even if it is only negatively .
    DaveK.

My System:

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

You could try the OPA134, it has a simply superb specification. I just bought 6 of them from a bloke in USA to modify three Quad 405 amplifiers

Though I'm not sure if you need a dual op-amp, if you do they try the OPA2134

OPA134 on the bay
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    You could try the OPA134, it has a simply superb specification. I just bought 6 of them from a bloke in USA to modify three Quad 405 amplifiers

Though I'm not sure if you need a dual op-amp, if you do they try the OPA2134

OPA134 on the bay
    Thanks Mark , hope you are well . I believe that I need a dual opamp , I will have a look at the OPA2134.
    Brian.

+ Reply to Thread