+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mike New Bearing Base Plate

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    I suppose it's a thing I will have to do. I have come this far and as said structurely it will pull it all together. Has anyone attempted to make one as it's not a thing you see on sale to often.
    No you wont see it on sale as once it's bonded that's it.
    Not sure how much they are now.
    I paid about £80ish if I remember but that was when Dave of MCRU acted as a supplier here in the UK.

Mike New might confirm cost if he see's this.

Mike_New Guest

Hi Robert,
    I do not have any Base Plates in stock and I am reluctant to make just the one off.
    As we all know, interest in upgrades for the SL1200 has now all but ended.
    If there were more than one person wanting a base plate then I would consider providing them
    The price would be $385.00

I'm Mick.

With Mike not making these anymore has anyone got the plate measurements etc as I will see if a local metal fabricator can make me one.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Mick.

Anyone ? This is the last piece of the jigsaw people so its important
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

Mike_New Guest

If you get one made do not use the self tap long screws. As these could snap like carrots if you try to
    screw them into steel. Use threaded 1/8 Whit bolts or UNF.
    I have looked around my large workshop but it seems that I do not even have an old one laying around.
    I would be willing to make up 5 if you can find any takers.

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_New View Post
    If you get one made do not use the self tap long screws. As these could snap like carrots if you try to
    screw them into steel. Use threaded 1/8 Whit bolts or UNF.
    I have looked around my large workshop but it seems that I do not even have an old one laying around.
    I would be willing to make up 5 if you can find any takers.
    Hi Mike thanks for that.

What price we looking at each if we get 5 members ?

Also any takers to get Mike to come out of retirement

Mike_New Guest

Hi Mick
    Firstly the cost for 5 off Base Plates would be $385.00 inc postage (They are heavy!!)
    "Coming out of retirement" That would still be possible after all I am only 78.
    However having enough buyers for my Upgrades is the single problem.
    I have only had three enquiries for my Bearing in the last year and for one platter.
    Sadly not sufficient to be engaged in production at a commercial level.

I'm Mick.

Mike I fully understand at 78 yrs young. You cant make odd ones now and again but I appreciate your offer if I can get another 4 people. The 1210 is still very popular but most people are happy to buy and home DJ the 1210 and are not bothered about making the turntable better. It looks like only a select few. Anyway thanks again for all your efforts over the years and supporting the evolution of turntables Your bearing and ETP platter are well worth the time and money as they have transformed the turntable.

Anyway fingers crossed I find another 4 people.

Mike_New Guest

Maybe the SL1200 wheel will rotate again and there will be a resurgence in interest for my upgrades to transform the
    SL1200 into a truly excellent TT for a new generation of audio enthusiasts.
    However it seems from what I read in the media that Vynal has now peaked out.
    The immediacy of online digital for the new generation has transcended every other medium.

I'm Bikram.

I will have one if you decided to make in the future. thanks
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast