Closed Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Album Club - Discussion Thread Only

Location: Swaledale, North Yorkshire + The Valley of Longevity

I'm Toooldnowtogrowup.

Sounds good fun ... but if the album choices are open to complete diversity then not a lot of people will have heard of the obscure stuff ... and I for one will not go out and buy something I have never heard and of a genre of music I do not like ... just to write in and say why I may not like it ... maybe that is why is better to stick to the Classics ...
    Brian
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smile, breathe and go slowly ..........................

I'm ILOB.

This is why I suggest the spotify option so its a way of people hearing without to much of a commitment I am open to other suggestions
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

MartinT Guest

I like the idea and will go with the flow on which album goes first. I'll be happy to give it a good listen and, even if I don't have it and must use Spotify, I can stream it through the 'big rig'.

Location: Swaledale, North Yorkshire + The Valley of Longevity

I'm Toooldnowtogrowup.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Ok we see how the voting goes for the weekend I think for the first we should start out with a classic album and then alternate between classic and something where we discover something new each other week
    I will select the most popular classic choice this Sunday
    If people suggest albums that are a bit more obscure make sure we have some way of listening to them so people can join in Spotify works well for this
    Ahh .... our mails crossed ,,,, ,,,, sounds good ,,,, .. here is my suggestion ... ... ............ Fairport Convention .. Liege & Lief ...
    Brian
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smile, breathe and go slowly ..........................

I'm Nobody.

Listerning to anything other than Psych & Prog would be like a Jehovas Witness buying christmas presents

MartinT Guest

Aww, come on Andr'e, we'll certainly get some prog into our listening. Why not propose a couple to go in the list?

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyleyes View Post
    Sounds good fun ... but if the album choices are open to complete diversity then not a lot of people will have heard of the obscure stuff ... and I for one will not go out and buy something I have never heard and of a genre of music I do not like ... just to write in and say why I may not like it ... maybe that is why is better to stick to the Classics ...
    Make a susggestion for a classic. the plan is to mix it so classics one week, alternative the week after.

you may not have the alternative album that wins but hopefully people will comment on the thread - both positive and negative, hopefully add links, as John mentions, and maybe you decide to go out try something new.

You can still vote for an alternative choice if one takes your fancy but you don't own it and then wait to see what comments are made. If you live locally to an AoS member maybe get together and have a listen

This all about the music

MartinT Guest

Could we use this thread for the suggestions & votes and start a new thread for each album, titled Album Club: Blah? That way, each album would be more easily searchable.

I'm Simon.

My suggestion for a classic -
    Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix

For alternative
    War Stories - Unkle

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Could we use this thread for the suggestions & votes and start a new thread for each album, titled Album Club: Blah? That way, each album would be more easily searchable.
    Yep that's the plan. Suggestions here on this thread, new thread for the weekly poll and then a new thread for the winning album itself - for comments.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast