Closed Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Album Club - Discussion Thread Only

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks Simon - 99% sure I didn't either, so there may be a glitch in the matrix... I'll ask our guru Nick (Beechwoods) to have a look.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Well I can say I'm 100% that I hadn't, as I didn't know you could rate a thread until I read this. I just tried it and it's showing 4 stars and saying I have already rated it. So it would seem there is a pesky gremlin lurking in there, nicking our votes
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I must admit to being somewhat on tenterhooks, as I have already selected my album and written up the post in preparation ...... let's hope nobody else has the same idea
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I must admit to being somewhat on tenterhooks, as I have already selected my album and written up the post in preparation ...... let's hope nobody else has the same idea
    My, you are keen! Looking at the list, I hope it is a Christmas album?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Thanks Simon - 99% sure I didn't either, so there may be a glitch in the matrix... I'll ask our guru Nick (Beechwoods) to have a look.
    Looks like a bug in vBulletin - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proj...877&filter=all
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

Thnaks Keith - Nick was going to have a look at it - but in the meantime, the workaround will be to add a Poll to the the thread - I'll do that now for the 2 albums we've already had. (EDIT: Done - please vote away!)
    Alex

Big thanks to John for Week 2's selection.

Next up is another John - Welder - and I must admit to be anticipating what his selection will be, knowing his eclectic music tastes...

I PM'd him a reminder late last night so hopefully he will be along with Week 3's Album soon.
    Alex

Thanks for the selection John (Welder) - Week 3: Medeski Martin & Wood - Uninvisible (2002) - looks like fun!
    Alex

Hi everyone - hope you are enjoying Album Club so far...

Just to let you know, as well as keeping the list in post #87 updated, I will also be maintaining a Spotify playlist with all of the weekly albums, in chronological order - if you haven't already seen it, then have a look at the Art of Sound Spotify Page - the Album Club playlist is currently at the end of the page.
    Alex

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Hi everyone - hope you are enjoying Album Club so far...

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast