+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Indian Cricket Team

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by camtwister View Post
    Test Match Special broadcasts have been known to keep me going when everything else is swirling down the plug hole.
    I listen on Long Wave by choice, for the added entertainment of the Shipping Forecast.

I too think we'll see the same four bowlers selected. I do miss watching international standard leg spin, though. Will, would you agree that the best chance of seeing leg breaks from an England player is dependent on the form of Adil Rashid?
    Agreed about leg spin Johnny, watching Warne was a treat, except against England when it was just terrifying...

I'm not quite sure what's happened to Rashid, he was one of our brightest hopes in the one dayers against Oz in 2009 with both bat and ball, yet since then he seems to have gone backwards...certainly in the selectors eyes.

The fact that they picked Yardy over him for the 50 overs matches in Oz in the winter was strange, T20 yes, but not in a 50 overs match, where wickets in the middle section are crucial. I noticed he was batting at 11 for Yorkshire the other day, again in a T20, but he's better than that surely...

Still at least I can enjoy watching a superb offspinner in Swann, it's been a long time since we had such a good one, perhaps not even in my lifetime.
    Cheers, Will

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    As for a number of England players being born overseas , i say get over it ! This is a multicultural nation , should we insist on pure bred and white Englishmen then ! How would that make us look ?

I wouldn't write off India in this series just yet , i expect them to produce something special in the next test, should be a crackerjack finish to the series.
    Agreed Chris, and frankly given the scarcity of schools cricket in this country we need all the help we can get

As for an Indian backlash, you may be right, I think the injuries to Youvraj & Harbi may well be a blessing in disguise for them. Kohli & Mishra will probably come into the team, and they're both excellent IMHO. A lot will also depend on Kahn's fitness, he's been a massive loss to them.

I suppose it all depends on what sort of pitch Mr Rouse comes up with at Edgbaston, I'm sure England will have requested another 'green' one, but will there be any turn for Swann & Mishra (probably)?
    Cheers, Will

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    Agreed Chris, and frankly given the scarcity of schools cricket in this country we need all the help we can get

As for an Indian backlash, you may be right, I think the injuries to Youvraj & Harbi may well be a blessing in disguise for them. Kohli & Mishra will probably come into the team, and they're both excellent IMHO. A lot will also depend on Kahn's fitness, he's been a massive loss to them.

I suppose it all depends on what sort of pitch Mr Rouse comes up with at Edgbaston, I'm sure England will have requested another 'green' one, but will there be any turn for Swann & Mishra (probably)?
    Hi Will

Yes Edgbaston has always had a bit of turn in it , its also been result pitch over the years , not to many draws i can recall ? Tendulker to get his hundred ? looking forward to it.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Will.

Tendulker to get his hundred ? looking forward to it.
    I hope so (in a loosing cause of course), the lad is absolute class, and real gent too, he just needs someone to take some pressure away at the other end.

I'm hoping to wangle a couple of tickets from some mates who are members, but it might be tough...I think they could have sold it out twice
    Cheers, Will

I'm Will.

Kahn's out for the rest of the tour, so where now for the Indian seam attack? Same as last test? Or will Munaf Patel get the gig...?

Unless it's a slow turner it could be another England win...
    Cheers, Will

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Kahn's out for the rest of the tour, so where now for the Indian seam attack? Same as last test? Or will Munaf Patel get the gig...?

Unless it's a slow turner it could be another England win...
    I think it will be down to the toss , if India can bat first and rack up 450 or so ! Put some pressure on England , my pal John is going on weds with his wife , lucky bleeder.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Mark.

India are in dissaray, their confidence is shattered. England should stroll the next 2 tests

I'm Will.

if India can bat first and rack up 450 or so ! Put some pressure on England
    Miranda's gone for a golden, this is going to be very tough for India.
    Last edited by WAD62; 10-08-2011 at 11:09.
    Cheers, Will

I'm Mark.

Well that option's out of the window, and Miranda's gone for a golden, this is going to be very tough for India.

I sense a Whitewash

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by worthingpagan View Post
    I sense a Whitewash
    Sachin gone, 60/3, come on!
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast