Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Delivery Companies

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    D.H.L

Drop It, Hide It, Lose It.

Andy - SDDW

STUPENDO!

MartinT Guest

Avoid Citilink. Truly appalling service, every time.

I'm Nick.

I'd agree. My experience of Citilink has been disappointing. I go with ParcelForce when I'm shipping my own gear for services etc. They are more expensive, but give far more reliable service in my experience.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Yiangos.

Pizza Hut ? rotfl

Default Useful Site.

This lot can be helpful.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...arcel-delivery

The thing to remember is most budget carriers bulk buy spare space from the main carriers so although they might not make it clear, any insurance they offer is usually subject to the same exclusions as the main company. The budget carrier might not list these exclusions in full.

Also, delivery times are subject to there being space available; main carrier is unlikely to bump one of their own customers just to make space for the budget company

I'm Steve.

In contrast do Dave's post (Greenhomeelectronics) I have found Parcelforce to be the most unreliable monkey show I have ever encountered aside from the old NTL. On three occasions they have delivered parcels over 3 days late and another time the item arrived on time, but looked like it had been delivered by air without the use of a parachute.

These days I use UPS ( we use these in work too, just take a look at the vans - nice shelves inside where parcels are secured and not just drop kicked into the back of a scruffy transit...)

Of cousrse everyone has had different experiences, but I would NEVER use Parcelfarce ever again.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Steve.

Default Cost effective delivery site.

Gents.

If you're looking for a cost effective way of posting larger items, you might want to try www.p4d.co.uk

It's basically a 'Confused.com' for parcels which gives a load of choices based on size, weight, speed of delivery etc.

Works well, can be paid for using Paypal, prints delivery labels etc and gives a slight discount for setting up an account.

Royal Mail is still better for small items, but anything component size and up seems cheaper here.

Example would be a 9kg cassette deck sized box sent in the UK, with £100 insurance, 48hr delivery, was basically £10
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

Hi Steve,
    Wish I'd known of this service before - I'm still waiting for a SL1200 TT that I bought on eBay from a guy on the south coast weeks ago who refused to ship it. My cousin collected it on my behalf but it is now 'stuck' with him in Tunbridge Wells until his next visit 'up north' at the end of August.
    I can see this being a very useful service for eBay addicts like me .
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I sold my GL75 recently and it was paid for by Paypal (the new owner's gone very quiet and I hope the restoration is proceeding ok..) and the fee for sending it "Paypal Parcelforce" was half the price I'd have paid had it been paid for at the Post Office. I over-quoted the weight as well...

I'm also told that Pharos is reasonable as well.

I'm putting my ATC's on the market in the Autumn, but each box (even the small ones I have) is so heavy that I have no idea whom to use once they're sold. ATC used Amtrac at one time, but I don't even know if they still exist.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Steve.

Well I have to say that the 'Paypal Parcelforce' rates here: http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/ca...diaId=21600363 are pretty competative, especially for anything heavy.

P4D are also now offering an integarted eBay service, but of course they offer decent rates even for non-eBay linked items, plus there's the fact that the courier collects it from you, rather that you having to lug it to the PO.

Recently sent a tape deck to Les (AudiOH!) for £8 via DHL.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast