+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stunning condition original Audiolab 8000M monoblocs

Default Stunning condition original Audiolab 8000M monoblocs

For sale, two immaculate condition Audiolab 8000M monoblock amplifiers. PSUs upgraded by the Audiocellar, an Audiolab expert. Lightly used, mint. Looking for around £800 - I have seen poorer condition versions go for more on ebay. Boxed, manuals, etc.

Contact me at bishopfamily@ntlworld.com if interested (or 07747 642586)

See photos:

Last edited by Phil Bishop; 22-10-2008 at 09:37.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

What you got to replace them Phil?

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

Rob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I am running ADM9s and sub direct from a Macbook via Airport Express. Rather like "don't mention the war", "don't mention the ADM9s", but I have to admit I have become an AVI devotee!

Phil

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Fair enough matey, everyone likes different things, I'm glad they're doing it for you.

Good luck with your sale, ebay will be the best bet, Audiolab gear goes like hot cakes on there.

Atacama SE24 stands

Rob. They are on ebay now and already have a lot of watchers. I had some Epos speakers for sale and had them on various Forum sale pages for weeks/months. Put them on ebay and they went within a day for more than I was asking on the Forums - crazy! But ebay is where people seem to look!

As for the ADM9s, they have impressed me. Now I am not (or was not until recently) a major hi fi geek. I had a modest system (I guess around £4 - 5K's worth) that I lived happily with for years. But then it started sounding not so good to me, so I tried changing/tweaking bits and pieces, but it never sounded great - harshness, etc. I tried expensive cables and got quite anal about things.....but then I discovered computer audio and the ADM9s. All I can say is they just make everything sound good to great....and what a neat set up - a pair of speakers in the listening room and your Macbook anywhere else within wireless range. No more obsessing! The system also compliments an ipod set up - have an ipod playing lossless through say a Graham Slee portable amp to decent headphones (say Grado SR60s) and experince great sound on the move.

I believe the ADM9.1s are even better and I am thinking about upgrading - I suspect the 9's may sound slighly "closed in" compared to the 9.1s.

...and all for around £1K (assuming you already have a computer).

Best wishes

Phil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Enjoy, Phil! You won't get lynched here for using ADM9s (or anything else for that matter). Best of luck with the sale of your Audiolabs

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Everyone has their own source of enjoyment, I'm glad the AVI stuff works for you mate! Certainly computer based audio removes a load of hassle from hi-fi and I've also found that all of my CDs are now enjoyable rather than just some of them.

Good luck with your sale, they'll be queueing up for them Audiolabs.

Atacama SE24 stands

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I may have to work away in Aberdeen for the next couple of years,so am seriously considering a pair of 9's to use in my accommodation.Should give me a good sound for movies and music with my laptop,and be easily portable too.Seems like a no brainer,uless anyone knows of anything else that does the same job for the same cash?

Ali,

In my opinion they are very good and convenient. I have the ADM9s plus Sub in cherry (the Sub was actually custom made by AVI). However, I am toying with the idea of upgrading to 9.1s in piano black in which case I may sell my existing set up which is only a few months old. You may, or may not, be interested - I am based in Reading.

Just a thought - I have not made any firm decisions yet.

If you wanted to contact me about it, you can at bishopfamily@ntlworld.com

Phil

You should try one of my DACs between the AE and the ADM9. I have had a lot of AE folks who mentioned to me their AE was transformed beyound recognition. You'll get deeper and more punch bass for one thing amongst many.

Stan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast