+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mo' crystals

I'm Alex.

Default Mo' crystals

I've attended the fabulous Vancouver Folk Festival this weekend. Part of the lure and the magic of the festival are the vendors selling all kinds of new age shit. One incredibly nice lady was selling loads of crystals, so me and my wife went overboard and bought a boatload of her merch.

OK, so after the fest I loaded my audio components with this new batch of crystals, and, ahem, I'm just head over heels with the new quality of sound I'm now getting. Is this the case of 'the more the better'? I thought too much of a good stuff is supposed to spoil the sound, but not in this case. The sound is now seductively sweet, all the rough edges seem to have been polished, and I'm left with the sound that feels like dripping honey. Not even a trace of digital harshness and grain. It's all silk and honey in the air.

Anyway, just sayin'...
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Dave.

In the interests of helping you reach 1K..

Where did you put that shedload of crystals..

I'm Dave.

Photos would be much appreciated. Also, what type of crystals are they?

Cheers.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Dave.

Also, do you think the crystals need to be "raw" or can they be shaped into pyramids or balls etc?
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFidelityGuy View Post

Photos would be much appreciated. Also, what type of crystals are they?

Cheers.
    Will see if I can get photos. I'm using three types of crystals: rose quartz, amethyst, and one more whose name escapes me.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFidelityGuy View Post
    Also, do you think the crystals need to be "raw" or can they be shaped into pyramids or balls etc?
    Good question. Theories vary on this subject. Some people claim that it's better to mix and match various sizes. I'd say it's okay if they're not polished, as all the ones I'm using are raw and rough at the edges.

Alex.

I'm Dave.

Pics please...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Will see if I can get photos. I'm using three types of crystals: rose quartz, amethyst, and one more whose name escapes me.
    Thanks. Pics would be very helpful to allow us to get an idea of crystal size and placement.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Good question. Theories vary on this subject. Some people claim that it's better to mix and match various sizes. I'd say it's okay if they're not polished, as all the ones I'm using are raw and rough at the edges.
    Ok, so varying sizes as long as they are raw, rough, natural crystal shapes.

I'll be honest and say that I'm rather sceptical about all this. Especially when I read some of the stuff that the different crystals are supposed to do. However I'm trying very hard to keep an open mind and not judge this before I've tried it. So with that in mind I'll embrace the idea and give it a go. I quite like the look of crystals anyway and they seem quite cheap on ebay.

On the subject of ebay; I was browsing through the crystals and mainly just reading about the ones I thought looked nice when I stumbled upon Selenite. From what it says this crystal should have quite a strong effect. What do you think?

I'm ILOB.

how regulary do u clense your crystals do you have a blessing or smuging cermony as well
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Werner.

John,

do you have a blessing or smuging cermony
    good question, but in my opinion much more important: What’s the average burn-in time required for a crystal?

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast