+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Squeeze-Upgrade.com power supplies in stock

I'm Steven.

I guess the 30 day return policy is the best sales pitch for this product.

For what its worth, I am a very happpy camper with the BotW psu.

I find your comment (especially the "other reasons" part) on the comments on this product striking:

I guess that the negative comments on some forums are from people that have never tried or have other reasons
    Btw Mark, I preferred yor former avatar but that's my personal opinion again.
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Fi-Wi View Post

Btw Mark, I preferred yor former avatar but that's my personal opinion again.
    +1
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post
    Mine won't be going back
    So, do you have the under £30 one, or the over £100 one ?

I'm Steve.

Just the £30 Sbooster Craig.

I have very revealing speakers but in my system the idea that this device may make an audible difference was absurd - it made a dramatic change. Whether you prefer the effect is another matter and could depend on your system and preferred presentation.

It certainly cleans up your soundstage and tightens everything up. It's easier to hear into the mix, bass is stronger, more driven and punchy but the higher frequencies get curtailed a bit and the soundstage seems smaller, more concentrated.

It's a different version of very good!
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post
    Just the £30 Sbooster Craig.

I have very revealing speakers but in my system the idea that this device may make an audible difference was absurd - it made a dramatic change. Whether you prefer the effect is another matter and could depend on your system and preferred presentation.

It certainly cleans up your soundstage and tightens everything up. It's easier to hear into the mix, bass is stronger, more driven and punchy but the higher frequencies get curtailed a bit and the soundstage seems smaller, more concentrated.

It's a different version of very good!
    Thanks for that S&V (glad your other half isn't called anything beginning with M! )

As it is, my Theta dac does all the things you mention the SBooster does, except it doesn't mess around with the top end, which to me is important.........

PS, just re read your post, you mention soundstage twice, one in a good light, the other not so good, can you clarify how it does two different things to it?
    Last edited by icehockeyboy; 30-07-2011 at 11:06.

I'm Jerry.

Just ordered the S-Booster for my Touch. Looking forward to seeing what it does.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Just ordered the S-Booster for my Touch. Looking forward to seeing what it does.
    I got the 130€ sBooster the other day. I had very few expectations, to be honest. Well, I was wrong.
    I think this is an important upgrade, a no-brainer.

I have the same opinion as John on this: http://www.digitalaudionews.net.au/2011/06/06/sbooster-best-worlds-psu-squeezebox-review/
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Jerry.

I have a good home made linear supply Dimitri,so I am not expecting too much improvement.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Steven.

That's probably the best attitude. The surprise will be bigger that way.

I am very pleased with the BotW (a.k.a. the "130 euro SBooster") compared to the standard psu that came with my Slimdevices Squeezebox and can't wait for the 15V version Squeeze-upgrade have announced'. I'll buy it to feed my Caiman.
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

I'm Richard.

I might try one of these, I've just changed from a Linn Majik DS to a modified Nuforce dac9.
    There wasn't too much difference when I tried the Nuforce dac against the Linn DS.....but that was using the Linn DS as the transport.

At the moment I'm using a slim devices Classic as the front end.....and it's not as good as using the Linn DS.......the only thing that it can be is a poor power supply on the slim devices, I suppose.

I've got a squeezebox touch on order though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast