+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Squeeze-Upgrade.com power supplies in stock

I'm Mark.

Default Squeeze-Upgrade.com power supplies in stock

Squeeze-Upgrade.com power supplies are now in stock in the UK.

http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/in...ex&cPath=76_77

The SBooster and " Best of two Worlds" Power supply are in stock for:
    Squeezebox Touch
    Squeezebox Duet
    Arcam rDac

Power supplies for more devices will be added soon.

30 day returns policy and two year UK warranty.

CE approved.

-

-

I'm Jerry.

Mark, I was really surpised to see you stocking these products. No doubt you are aware of the discussions on the Squeezebox forum and the strong advice to avoid snake oil products. Obviously you have done your own investigation and decided they do make an improvement. Could you describe whats in the S-Booster-is it a choke?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Craig.

It was indeed one of these that I almost bought a short time ago, have you heard an improvement when using one with an SBT Mark?

I'm Steve.

I bought one from Mark immediately I saw that he had taken up UK distribution (just the S Booster). It definately makes an audible difference to the presentation but I'm undecided whether I prefer the effect yet. Also tried it on my Mini-T amp, where it seemed to have exactly the same effect and I think in my system I prefer this application. Sound is more relaxed and more weighty, which helps the little T-amp, but with less air and sparkle.

I tried a few of Soundcheck's recommendations at the weekend and I found them to be positive with no drawbacks; all the software settings and volume set to 100%. Made a much bigger improvement than I expected. Highly recommended.

I have been using an independently powered HD directly into the touch and obviously was interested to compare with running the FLAC conversion on a laptop. Undoubtedly more transparent, 3 dimensional and airy, but also came with a digital hardening and reduced bass. On balance I think I prefer the HD direct.

Need to work on the combinations a bit before settling on either Sbooster or HD connection.
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Jerry.

I have a decent linear supply powering my Touch but may get the SBooster to see if it enhances the sound quality. I agree about the Soundcheck mods. I send him a tenner as I was so pleased with the improvement.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Mark, I was really surpised to see you stocking these products. No doubt you are aware of the discussions on the Squeezebox forum and the strong advice to avoid snake oil products. Obviously you have done your own investigation and decided they do make an improvement. Could you describe whats in the S-Booster-is it a choke?
    I guess that the negative comments on some forums are from people that have never tried or have other reasons

A picture taken a few minutes ago of the inside of an Sbooster ( its a very small device in real life)

None have been returned yet, comments from people that have tried are that there is a difference.

I'm Jerry.

The number of components seems to justify the price. Looks like some kind of choke on the right.
    I will order one as soon as I get back from my hols!
    Jerry

I'm Craig.

The wife keeps an eagle eye on any money I spend on hifi, but I might just get the cheaper priced unit under the radar, so does that one offer an audible level of improvement?

I'm Mark.

A salesman would say yes it will

I would say you need to try and make your own opinion, no returns yet and I have a very easy 30 days returns policy.

I'm Steve.

Mine won't be going back
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast