+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon 103 Pro and his step up

I'm Martien.

Post A23 - t7883

Hi Barry,

Its clear for me now.
    The A23 is different from the T7883 transformers.

The trannies of A23 are larger, maybe for resistors on the inside, so the primary of the A23 is already +/- 100Ohm, good for the DL-103.

The T7883s need resistors (12k) on the secondary (47k), to make the primary also about +/- 100Ohm

However I hope that the sound performance of the T7883 is the same as the A23 ??

Best regards, Martien

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Martien,

I hope so, too, so do let us know. Plenty of folks, I'm sure, will be interested in the outcome

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martien.

Thumbs up T7883 ---> a23

Hi,
    I was not 100% shure about the T7883s, so I canseld the order.
    Today I buy a A23 at the importer in Holland. The A23 was availlable, so I did play 2 ours already with the A23.
    My first conclusion is, more detail, more real tone, more air, greater stage, and a bit to much high tones (crunch?), but I know, plenty of ours to play-in.
    I am happy with it, its more money than only the T7883, but I trust it more. I let you know after a few weeks.
    Regards, Martien
    Last edited by mart10; 03-03-2011 at 20:24.

I'm Martien.

Thumbs up A23

Hi,
    Well I have play 4 ours now, and the A23 is getting better and better.
    My Matisse Pre-Amp has little MC step-up trannies inside, I know notting about them, but they playing alright, I thought.

But the new A23, is playing fantastic. Also the playcement of every instrument and voices are much better and precise. Also dynamic is much better. Also you here things, what you don't know if it was there, maybe you here it before, but now its more real with better definition.
    All the difference tone-colours are much more and real, very nice !!

It is incredeble the difference like before, with the other MC step-up trannies.
    And not forget, it is the 103SA that all the things pick-up from the record !!
    It is right, when you have an 103, you need also the A23 !!

To-night, I here no harsh, like yesterday, maybe the power from the net (230V) was better, or play-in of the A23.

I have one question, now I have the IC of the CD-drive on the A23 and the PreAmp, witch IC I have to buy for the definetive connection of the A23 ?? Thanks !

Kind regards, Martien

I'm Philippe.

I am currently listening to the DL 103 pro with the Aesthetix Rhea Signature with a load of 250 Ohm. What made a big difference was to replace a light headshell with a heavy AT LH18 which really made it sung in the ortofon RS 309

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Philippe,
    Welcome to The Art of Sound. Perhaps you wouldn't mind going over to the Welcome section & introducing yourself to the members?
    If you start a new thread there, it would be a good way to tell folks a little about yourself, your system & your tastes in music.
    Maybe see you over there?

Cheers

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Historicus View Post
    The Haufe capsules are built in the phono imput of EMT (950, 948,938), to be precise model T-890 (1:10) and T-451 (1:7).
    Here you find the data sheets of all the Haufe capsules
    http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/index.cgi
    This is the Haufe site http://www.haufe-uebertrager.de/html/profil.html
    considering that haufe claims T890 is 1:10 SUT with 40 ohm primary DCR and 35kohm secondary, there's obviously something wrong with this calculation, the ratio is either much higher (more than 1:20) or DCR measurements are not correct..... anyone?
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Neal.

29.6 if my calculation is correct
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm gordan.

yes if the above data is correct which is not.... the mistery is solved, these are the loaded impedances, the real coil impedances with T890 are 9 and 900 ohm, which gives 1:10.

alles klar, apologies for confusion
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Since the secondary winding will carry a lower (one tenth) current than the primary winding, it is likely to use wire of a smaller gauge than that used for the primary winding. It will therefore have a higher resistance per unit length.

The DC resistance (Gleichstromwiderstand) for the Haufe T 890 is 9.1Ω for the primary winding and 900Ω for the secondary winding. The ratio is ~ 1:100, whereas the turns-ratio or transformer ratio (Űbersetzungsverhältnis) is 1:10.

Only if the same gauge wire is used for both windings, will the turns-ratio be the same as the ratio of the winding DC resistance.

If one looks at the effective (or apparent) impedance of the windings (Scheinwiderstände), they are ~ 2 700Ω for the primary and 250 000Ω for the secondary. The ratio of the two is 92.6, implying a turns-ratio of √92.6 = 9.6, that is ~ 10 as expected.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast