+ Reply to Thread
Page 274 of 310 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Timothy.

Very good Jerry! Sorry to have taken the topic a bit off there! Aquariums are a fun hobby too!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm gone.

I've just signed up for a free month of Deezer Hifi streaming.

Really pleased with the sound - all the streaming services do seem to sound a little different from each other.
    Deezer seems quite brightly lit (in a good way!) and very open and lively. Or maybe my system is just hitting an especially good patch for some reason!

I like the UI that Deezer presents on my PC. Shame the record company names aren't indexed, though - that's the feature that might have me returning to Qobuz.

Interesting and irritating that all the streaming services have slightly different music catalogues - maybe I'll alternate my subscription on a monthly basis. I don't want to pay for more than one at a time, scrooge that I am.

I'm Brian.

I'm still very happy with Spotify Jerry . It suits my eclectic taste in music very well . Can I assume Deezer maybe suits your favourite classical music better
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I'm still very happy with Spotify Jerry . It suits my eclectic taste in music very well . Can I assume Deezer maybe suits your favourite classical music better
    No, not really, Brian.
    I enjoyed Spotify for a few months, but in my setup at any rate it just doesn't have the rez and transparency of the full 16/44 streaming services.
    I think that is very system dependent, though, as I know of a few folks with well sorted gear that don't hear much if any difference.
    Going to 16/44 sounds like a decent kit upgrade chez Jerry.
    Baffling, really!

I'm Brian.

Ah..OK I may well give the others ago , although as I said Spotify is excellent played through my system , so I haven't really explored any of the others properly .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm gone.

You can get a month free with Deezer Hifi so no reason not to try it!

I'm Grant.

used to use deezer hifi. it was very good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm David.

At present we don't do streaming, although have the bits and pieces to do so. Will probably give Deezer a go if free for a month.

I'm gone.

A Wyred4Sound Recovery USB Reclocker has arrived this afternoon and been installed. It goes between my streaming source (an Acer laptop) and my Halide Bridge USB converter and DAC.
    It uses a Femto clock to reclock and reduce the jitter, and also isolates the power component of the USB signal (although I already have a AQVOX device that does this for my Halide Bridge).

It's a small thing, perhaps twice the volume of a matchbox.
    It comes with a 9V SMPS.

Absolutely massive sonic upgrade. I wasn't expecting this at all.

I thought the soundstage presentation was very good before. Pah!! That was nuthin'!
    Before, a nicely deep and focussed soundstage was laid out before me - the word that now springs to mind is 'immersive'.
    I've just sat down in the concert hall.
    And dynamics - much freer, it sounds like a limiter has been removed. Everything is livelier, from micro to macro, the word effervescent comes to mind here, it just sounds like the music has been let out of a cage. It was quite a large cage, but nonetheless the boundaries have been substantially opened up.
    I'm still trying to get my head round the changes. Much more to come, I'm sure, as I learn to listen anew on a wide range of recordings.

I feel sure the wallwart SMPS is a limiting factor, so I have just ordered a 9V linear PSU for it from China. Heh heh. The mind boggles!

I'm Brian.

Interesting mate . These can be bought from the US . $149 + $60 shipping
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread