+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 310 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I have found red and white are used very often for R and L respectively.
    Thanks Alan.

--- could it be a disaster if I got it wrong?

I'm Grant.

red is usually right. white should then be left. if you cave access to both ends a continuity test will prove this
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Yay - success. Thanks guys.
    Connected up red and white as positive and yellow as ground off my expendable little t-amp. Works great.
    Now to get hold of my spare 100wpc power amp and see how that goes. A job for tomorrow evening.

I'm Alan.

Default Tannoy that Jerry might like

I think I have found a Tannoy speaker that you might like Jerry

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Justin.

Pah!

Even if he did like a Tannoy he'd never fess up to it!:wink:

I'm gone.

That looks like what they all sound like.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Yay - success. Thanks guys.
    Connected up red and white as positive and yellow as ground off my expendable little t-amp. Works great.
    Now to get hold of my spare 100wpc power amp and see how that goes. A job for tomorrow evening.
    I thought connecting a common ground on a t amp, at least most Tripath chip amps,would blow it, or fail to work at least. Does anyone know why this worked?

Edit, did you only connect ground to one output, I don't know about that..

I'm Grant.

it may just be a common speaker return, and not a ground
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Yes, Jack cable ground to one of the amp's speaker ground posts.

I'm Chris.

dyane-horns.jpgThat's not a HORN, these are......(copyright Croc Dundee)

aka, world's biggest car speakers?

(Bought these cinema speakers at Auction Room here. We put them in my friend's Citroen Garage roof where they sat for the next 30 years, running from a Car radio!. Garage now gone, with speakers-probably ditched by the developer.)
    Chris.

+ Reply to Thread