+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 262 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2619

Thread: New speakers and amps

I'm Justin.

If your Chinese is good you can buy one here for 48.91 (429 Yuan).

Insane.
    "And it's lend me 10 and I'll buy you a drink. And mother wake me early in the morning."

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post

Insane.
    i may get one this summer when I visit my daughter in Beijing.
    Sony STR 6055 Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus Zu omen

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons Najda dsp as dac Akai AM-U02 Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable
    SAE1000LT leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck and full range drivers in free air

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm paul.

Which model has Bluetooth
    Sony STR 6055 Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus Zu omen

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons Najda dsp as dac Akai AM-U02 Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck and full range drivers in free air

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Justin.

Post #2424. Should have raised a separate thread for this DAC. Easily worth some attention.

All credit to Jerry for this one, though. I recommend anyone with an expensive DAC buys this for a reality check. I am not saying you will necessarily prefer it, but I think it provides some serious food for thought and will be a bit of fun in the process. Definitely swap in some high quality valves in your assessment.
    Last edited by User211; 11-03-2018 at 14:05.
    "And it's lend me 10 and I'll buy you a drink. And mother wake me early in the morning."

I'm paul.

Post #2424. Should have raised a separate thread for this DAC. Easily worth some attention.

All credit to Jerry for this one, though. I recommend anyone with an expensive DAC buys this for a reality check.
    Thanks Justin, I'm about to look for a Bluetooth receiver as I have a Dac in my main set up I've had for nearly ten tears and sounds great. Also gave a very good Dac in the Najda

I'm Brian.

Mines arrived today , delivered by the man at UPS . I bought it from the Belgian seller Jerry recommended and received it within 5 days , which is excellent IMO .

I have been listening to the valve output for the last hour or so and initial impressions are very good indeed .

Valve recommendations anyone ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    DAC 3 French DAC
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Chord Epic Twin

I'm Tom.

Insane.
    Labelled 110v/220v. I'd be really careful with this one. Most definitely Chinese/HK market. Might work when you get it home, but equally might catch fire. Doubt it would meet UK standards.

Personally I never risk taking home Chinese-market equipment, unless it's something that for example uses a charger or wall wart that you can buy one UK-friendly when you get home. False economy.

Just edited the pic out as I've been told by the wife I interpreted it wrong!
    Last edited by montesquieu; 12-03-2018 at 16:01.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST25 supertweeters; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; tube preamp - Gate Audio tube; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 Mk I tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage from Gate Audio preamp; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink.

I'm Jerry.

My DAC-01A arrived today from Belgium as well.
    It's labeled as 220-240V.

It's sounding very good - pretty much the same as my recollection of my previous model (which only went up to 96KHz iirc, whereas this one is said to be good for 192KHz - not that that matters to me, but it does imply a later model with maybe a modified circuit).
    There is a DAC-01A House Sound!
    Jerry

Qobuz 16/44 streaming, Topping D30 DAC with lpsu, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50M monoblocks, MBL 116F speakers.

Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

Headphones: Fostex TH600, Audeze EL-8, Wharfedale Isodynamic, Philips Fidelio X2
    Headphone amp: Rotel RX-603

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    My DAC-01A arrived today from Belgium as well.
    It's labeled as 220-240V.

It's sounding very good - pretty much the same as my recollection of my previous model (which only went up to 96KHz iirc, whereas this one is said to be good for 192KHz - not that that matters to me, but it does imply a later model with maybe a modified circuit).
    There is a DAC-01A House Sound!
    Interesting - yes looking at it this model designation relates to the function set, so there must be a sub-model indicator somewhere that determines the different transformer inside.

Regardless, I definitely wouldn't recommend buying one in China for local delivery.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST25 supertweeters; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; tube preamp - Gate Audio tube; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 Mk I tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage from Gate Audio preamp; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink.

I'm Grant.

Run mine off 230v. Seems to be happy enough
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

+ Reply to Thread