+ Reply to Thread
Page 294 of 310 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    youve got a muscle?
    I was also quite surprised. These days they are just there to go wrong. Like an appendix.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I was also quite surprised. These days they are just there to go wrong. Like an appendix.
    know what u mean. i couldnt get the seat off the scooter today. a guy eventually came and managed it although he struggled too. somehow its jamming
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Garry.

I've found heavy = good to be pretty much infallible

If you ever find yourself banged up in prison sharing a cell and your on bottom bunk , lay there and wonder what if.

I'm gone.

So, amplifier sound quality is proportional to its weight?
    Hmm.

The heaviest amp I've owned must be the MF F18 at 53kg.
    Certainly not the best sounding.

The ballsiest amp was probably the Krell KAV250a slamfest at 19.5kg. Good amp, actually.

The Pass X150 was a fairly boring sounding 28kg.

Hmm -- the lighter the better, so far.

My current Trigons come in at 23kg a pair, and I love them to bits. But even then that's cheating with 2 chassis where the others have only one.

And I do love some of the little class D amps at a few 100g to a few kg.

So, no, amplifer mass as an indicator of sound quality is a load of bollox imho.

Valve amps are probably another matter, where there is a correlation with the amount of iron in the output transformer.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    So, amplifier sound quality is proportional to its weight?
    Hmm.

The heaviest amp I've owned must be the MF F18 at 53kg.
    Certainly not the best sounding.

The ballsiest amp was probably the Krell KAV250a slamfest at 19.5kg. Good amp, actually.

The Pass X150 was a fairly boring sounding 28kg.

Hmm -- the lighter the better, so far.

My current Trigons come in at 23kg a pair, and I love them to bits. But even then that's cheating with 2 chassis where the others have only one.

And I do love some of the little class D amps at a few 100g to a few kg.

So, no, amplifer mass as an indicator of sound quality is a load of bollox imho.

Valve amps are probably another matter, where there is a correlation with the amount of iron in the output transformer.
    My findings are equal to yours Jerry , my teac AI3000 was 30+kg’s as too was the Denon monster , only big in size and then the relatively smaller and lighter 20kg’s Krell blows them away .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

I said heavy = good, not heaviest = best

Aside from that I wasn't being entirely serious. And class D amps can kiss my shiny metal ass.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

A Friend tells me he bought a pair of speakers from a "white van man" a few years ago, and he said they looked pretty good and were quite large. Not very heavy, but the price was right. When he got them home he found there was nothing in them, they were empty cabinets.

I suppose the moral of the story isn't that weight=good, more that components do make a difference, especially absent ones
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Light airy presentation
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Apparently the soundstage was holographic, like the sound wasn't coming from the speakers.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Nah. Bollox.

+ Reply to Thread