+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 310 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Geoff.

Well it won't be Nagra, as that has nothing in common with an Aleph apart from being Class A. Not old enough to be Threshold. Audio Research maybe? But probably not as the first letter is not 'A'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Timothy.

Luxman M-800A
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Luxman M-800A
    Bingo!

I'm Timothy.

Nice! Now give me my Klubecks! Haha...Those are rather nice amps, and I like the preamp that goes along with it too. Good stuff there!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Nice! Now give me my Klubecks! Haha...Those are rather nice amps, and I like the preamp that goes along with it too. Good stuff there!
    I don't wanna sound dumb but wot is a Klubeck? Google doesn't seem to know... but I probably didn't look hard enough.

I'm Timothy.

I know, I have these rather zany moments...It is the currency that is used in Zubrowska-all part of Wes Anderson's film, Grand Budapest Hotel. A highly recommended film to see if like his type of work, which I happen to quite love. It just fits my craziness...

I'm Timothy.

And see Justin, you couldn't even pass the test having Google at your disposal for one single word, shame. And we had to take clues for an amplifier that is silver. 60 watts. Etc. Haha! It's all good man!

I'm Justin.

In my defence if you enter Klubeck Google is useless.

However, enter the plural and it coughs up straight away.

Technology.

I'm Timothy.

No defence needed, it is all good! Now my own wackiness, that might need a whole lot of help!

I'm Justin.

Well you have wacky omni's.

BTW the M-800A is class A to 120 Watts into 4 Ohms and 280 Watts for 1% class A/B into 4 Ohms. I'm confident it'll drive my speakers competently.

I just wanted to try a class A amp. And that's a lot of class A into 4 Ohms. It'll stay fully in class A for normal listening.

Reviews mainly appear to reckon it's excellent. We'll see.

+ Reply to Thread