+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 310 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by diceman View Post
    Interesting. I look forward to reading how the 1960s OTK fairs.
    Gold grids rule.

Your 1960s OTK is less subtle in its portrayal of low level detail and the acoustic space. Less "hall" can be heard in the gentle pizzicato sections in Inoue's recording of Mahler 6th symphony, less presence and there-ness in solo lute passages from another favourite recording. Loud bits are that important fraction less nuanced, more generalised.

There's a surprising amount of difference between these 6n6 valves.

I'll post your OTK back, JP, and also send along a spare gold grid for you to play with. See what you think.
    PM me your address please!

I'm gone.

With the demise of my Photobucket images I thought I would post a quick overview of some of my system history highlights, in vaguely chronological order ....

I'm Grant.

some great pictures of great gear and pussys. loved the look of the Carys. Other highlights the DenonTT and the maggies
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

No Maggies there, Grant - you probably mean the Martin Logan CLS2z electrostatics - big black panels.

I'm Grant.

are they? lol thought they were magnaplaners. anyway i like em
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Me, too - I had a pair twice. Very rare for me to do a repeat on hifi gear.
    Not all rounders, but fabulous at what they did well - which was transparency and detail.
    You want bass? - add a sub. But you won't be able to integrate it that well.

I'm Geoff.

Nice gear.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

What is the cat hoping to accomplish in picture #2?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What is the cat hoping to accomplish in picture #2?
    Decimation.

Can you rank the speakers in order of awesomeness?

I'm Peter.

Some lovely gear there, Jerry
    Seeing much of it is big, heavy, fragile and valuable, and the sheer volume of transactions you've done ... I was wondering if there a particular courier that you favour?

+ Reply to Thread