+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm gone.

Default Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

Audio Physic II - bought a couple of weeks back.

Run from my Leak Stereo 20 or Esoteric AZ-1 I had one hell of a job getting the sound to gel. Waltzing speakers around the room like crazy - nope nothing seemed to work. they sounded OK, but I could hear a lot more potential there that just wasn't being realised. Seemed like the APs were in for a very short stay at Casa Jerry.

Then due to a combination of curious and sad circumstances, a couple of days ago I found myself with a new pre/power amp combo ....

Yup, from the Glory Days of Musical Fidelity ... an MVX.2 pre and an A370 power amp.

Woo-Hoo !! - now we're cookin' with charcoal. Despite all protestations to the contrary, what the APs were really crying out for was 235 Watts / 50 amps of solid state class-A beefsteak up the jacksie! Word on the streets is that the Virgos are best with valves ... well, they do sound mighty fine, but you really gotta hear them with a muscle amp!

The APs are def here for the long haul (well, long haul by my standards! ) - perhaps I can see some larger APs making their way Jerry-wards in the New Year. Mighty fine speakers when fed the right juice.

Last edited by jandl100; 19-10-2008 at 08:18.

+ Reply to Thread