+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 310 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Grant.

had one or 2 things like that. the yankee dac i had needed 24 hrs and didnt have a off switch. i wasnt keen on leaving it on but the sound change was huge. Got rid of anyway as it didnt have usb and i prefer to switch stuff off
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

New interconnects.
    I bought these on an eBay whim, as one does, and they arrived today.
    I have to say that these and my new Vincent amp are a match made in heaven.
    My Black Cat cables were a bit edge of the seat with the Vincent, although they worked very nicely with my previous Trigon monoblocks.

Anyway, I'd never heard of these before - Esoteric Audio USA, AIR-LITZ Technology 1.

Anyone come across these before?

I'm Justin.

Well after about 4 hours the Luxman top plate gets so hot you can't keep your hand on it for more than 10 seconds.

Still the overall heat output is still pussy compared to running 4 211s at once. Touch one of those for 10 seconds a few mins after power up and it's a hospital visit.

That aside overall the 211s run way hotter. Relying on the Lux as a room heater in the winter isn't really gonna work. However it will help

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    New interconnects.
    I bought these on an eBay whim, as one does, and they arrived today.
    I have to say that these and my new Vincent amp are a match made in heaven.
    My Black Cat cables were a bit edge of the seat with the Vincent, although they worked very nicely with my previous Trigon monoblocks.

Anyway, I'd never heard of these before - Esoteric Audio USA, AIR-LITZ Technology 1.

Anyone come across these before?

Yes I have. They are ok!

Surprised you prefer them to the BC but as we all know, synergy is where it's at.

I'm Justin.

After 8 hours of Luxman warm up you have about 1 second max before you are forced to take your hand off it no matter what.

Still that's an improvement on a hot 211 which WILL burn you irreparably as if you clutched the valve firmly for a second - it probably wouldn't let you take your hand away from it without leaving some skin behind.

Tried an Air Tight passive pre, KR PX25, Psvane 101D (the cheap one), KR 252, EML AD1, EML globe mesh 45 with a visitor today in the Lampizator.

Conclusion I think was AD1 and PX25 with the active pre, EML 45 with the Air Tight. Best overall result with the active but I think most accurate with the passive.

What is interesting there is the Luxman didn't really disagree as essentially we picked those valves previously with a different amp.

That said we just did the same 3 or 4 classical tracks over and over again until we got sick to death of them.

People who want to come and listen - think I am enforcing a classical ban. Well OK, three tracks max. Four and you are out (slap bottom emoticon). Bribes for more.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    People who want to come and listen - think I am enforcing a classical ban. Well OK, three tracks max. Four and you are out (slap bottom emoticon).
    Wow - loads of classical tracks and a slapped bottom?

I'm coming round now!!

I'm Martin.

I thought that offer might attract the wrong element...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Look at it this way - you had a good run.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, away from those two.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Justin.

Anyway the verdict from 'the visitor' was he thinks the Luxman is the best amp I have had.

+ Reply to Thread