+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 310 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm gone.

No, no - this thread is all about ducks.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Quack !!

i like that Jerry
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Good job nobody posted what Sweden/Norway looks like.

I'm gone.

A couple of new amps to play with.
    Both excellent if with rather different capabilities.

I'm Shane.

Krell....nice! Hows the sound?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm sorted.

Does it sound similar to the KAV250a Jerry? I sometimes regretted moving that on until I got the Luxman.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Does it sound similar to the KAV250a Jerry? I sometimes regretted moving that on until I got the Luxman.
    I'm a big fan of the 250a as well.
    A bit bright imo, but hugely entertaining.

The 400xi has only been here a few hours so I am still only starting to settle in with it.
    But I would say it's much nearer neutral tonally while still being very vivid and lucid.
    The Crayon amp pips it for 3D staging, but doesn't have the dynamic scale of the Krell [which has over 10x the power].

I'm gone.

Now in their 10th year, I thought that my MBL speakers deserved a bit of a treat.

Rather than pay audiophile prices I looked at what the pro market had to offer, and that led me to Auralex speaker platforms, specifically their Propad XL, which just happens to be the right size.
    They're a 3 layer arrangement - foam/MDF/rubber and the mounted speaker wobbles around a bit when gently prodded. -- and I placed a sheet of cardboard underneath to allow them to be slid around without too much hassle (how's that for thinking ahead!).

I wasn't looking forward to putting the 45Kg speakers on to them, but it turned out to be not much bother at all.

Really pleased, obvious improvement immediately compared to the granite slabs they had previously stood on.
    I thought the sound was nicely detached from the speakers before. Well, this shows that there is always room for improvement!
    And everything is more vivid and present.
    And the soundstage / imaging. Woof!

Happy 10th Year, to my MBLs.
    Last edited by jandl100; 12-06-2019 at 12:19.

I'm Martin.

Concrete floor Jerry?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Nope, wooden floorboards, Martin.

+ Reply to Thread