+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garrard 401 with Airtangent tonearm

I'm David.

Default Garrard 401 with Airtangent tonearm

Here's my Garrard 401 with Airtangent tonearm and recent Music Master cartridge. I've owned this for over 20 years and its given me many hours of pleasure. The 401 cost me £75 in 1997 and the Airtangent cost a flipping fortune.. The plinth and cover are diy, sized to accomodate the Airtangent

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Looks beautiful David (Ok, I'm slightly biased on the 401 front... ) But the plinth and cover really compliment the amazing looking arm - looks like it could have been factory built, and I bet it sounds stunning. What cartridge are you using in it?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

Certainly looks the 'business' David.

I'm Paul.

£75 for the 401! I bought mine in the early 2000’s and prices had risen to a few hundred quid in that short space of time. Think I paid around £280. I do look at other turntables from time to time but overall I am very happy with the 401, they seem to be a TT that many people just keep.
    ~Paul~

I'm David.

A couple more pictures of my 401

Plinth with motor unit removed for a lubrication service last year

+ Reply to Thread