+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 310 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I've been taking headphone listening more seriously recently and have gathered together an interesting variety, so I thought it was about time that I investigated a serious headphone amp.
    Accordingly a Lehmann Audio Linear Headphone Amplifier should be posted to me today.

Looking forward to hearing what it brings to the party.

Innards (stock image) ...

Worth it for difficult to drive cans. I'm pretty sure I've never got the best out of my 702.

Focal Utopias are very impressive. There was a pair on here for a bit above £2K used. That's a lot but they are seriously good. Way better than Focal Clears. So much so it is almost a joke. If I was into cans I'd seriously think about some (used).

I'm gone.

My recently acquired Grado PS1000 were £1800 new so should be pretty decent and I do like the Grado sound.

I'm Alan.

Would be interesting to compare to my OTL valve headphone amp Jerry.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Would be interesting to compare to my OTL valve headphone amp Jerry.
    Send it along, Alan!

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've never got the best out of my 702.
    Personally, I don't think there is a best to get out of the 702. Horrible things.

I'm Justin.

Personally, I don't think there is a best to get out of the 702. Horrible things.
    Nah you've just got a Tannoy like bummer on them

I think they are quite good. A little boring maybe and a bit soft i.e. no real bite but it seems to me many headphones have a soft sound to them.

I'm Jo.

I've been taking headphone listening more seriously recently and have gathered together an interesting variety, so I thought it was about time that I investigated a serious headphone amp.
    Accordingly a Lehmann Audio Linear Headphone Amplifier should be posted to me today.

Looking forward to hearing what it brings to the party.

Innards (stock image) ...

I have one and love it, Jerry. I use mine to feed a pair Sennheiser HD 700s. It will be interesting to see what you make of it with you wider experience of hi-fidelity.

I'm Chris.

Never heard of Nurophones. My wife was wondering about Noise reducing 'phones as she's (now) in NZ. But she doesn't like 'in ear' idea.
    Jerry knows I rate the Wharfedale Iso 'phones. I've not compared them with - say - his Aude'zes, but I did sell my nice A-T WTH-1000s after I rediscovered' the Isos.
    i bought them circa 1973!
    Getting new cushions for them isn't easy. My leatherworking friend was cursing me as it was a fiddly job. The original covers seem to be stitched AROUND the innards. So need to be cut off.
    He reckoned he'd charge £80/90 normally -and doesn't want to!
    I balked at getting a set of Final phones recently (£2000 from £4.500!) new...but...price of a car?
    Are my ears good enough?
    Chris.

I'm Grant.

The nuras are noise reduction when on Bluetooth to a phone. Has a few touch gestures that do different things too. It gets set up in the nura app
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

THAT'S why (I haven't heard of them).
    I don't own a 'smart' phone.
    Or stream music -yet.
    Looks like I may HAVE to change re the phone, as so much of the world seems to involve waving a screen at stuff (let alone burying your nose -life - in one.
    Streaming? We'll see.

Was talking to a couple of Civil servants this morning, who we 'selling' info on Fraud. I educated them on Faraday cages and cards/car keys, which of course they knew nothing.
    Got a free pen (it's a stick-like thing people used to put marks called 'writing' on paper.)
    Chris.

+ Reply to Thread