+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TEAC DAC

I'm Paul.

Default TEAC DAC

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/digita...pling-dac.html

Interesting new offering for £299. Look at the specs.
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur07 View Post
    http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/digita...pling-dac.html

Interesting new offering for £299. Look at the specs.
    Has anyone heard it?
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Dave.

That looks very nice and seems like a good deal based on the specs. It's nice to see Teac making something other than micro systems and such like again.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    Has anyone heard it?
    I guess not seen as it's not for sale yet but no doubt reviews will be coming out soon.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    Has anyone heard it?
    Nope, not me. Think It's only just arrived - July release. Can't find any reviews, although haven't looked very hard. On spec seems too good to be true for that price.

With the MDAC coming along presumably at £399 I wonder how these dacs will compare to dearer offerings like the Mtech Young, etc.
    Paul.

I'm simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur07 View Post
    Nope, not me. Think It's only just arrived - July release. Can't find any reviews, although haven't looked very hard. On spec seems too good to be true for that price.

With the MDAC coming along presumably at £399 I wonder how these dacs will compare to dearer offerings like the Mtech Young, etc.
    read a review of the young which quoted a launch price of over £1200
    3x the price of the mdac.
    DIGITAL:flac/pc/foobar/wasapi>Chord Qutest> Frans' (Solderdude) headphone correction filter>Violectric V200>Senn HD650, Beyer DT1990
    >or Garage 1217 Project Ember (as pre)>Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10.
    ANALOGUE: Rega P8>Rega Aria> Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I believe the Young can be had for around 900? Don't quote me on that mind . . .
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Andy.

Hmm that does look interesting.

Butuz
    Quad 99 CDP-2 >> Eastern Electric Minimax Pre>> XTZ Desire AP-100 >> PMC GB1i

I'm ILOB.

Looks a real interesting product in the past Teac use to make really good Transports and DACs so hear is hoping
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Teac use to make really good Transports and DACs so hear is hoping
    That's what I was thinking.

It would be nice to find out a bit more about the output stage and whether it's discreet or uses opamps. I'm guessing at this price point it will be opamp based.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast