Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ad temporarily removed

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think that you're completely right, Dave, and I agree. However, that doesn't change how we like to do things here, therefore new members either embrace and accept that, when they're made aware of it, or not - it's entirely their decision

Marco.
    And I think that's the way it should be.

As Al Murray would say, "Where would we be if we didn't have rules? France!"
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Ross.

I don't think you'll see him again, his membership appears to be for an advert only :¬)
    Speakers: Kii THREE
    Headphones: Lumin A1 > Simaudio Moon 600i > Abyss AB-1266

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I'd also agree with that Dave - though I think the "rule book" tends to come out when someone joins, and their first post is to either advertise something for sale, or look to buy something another member is selling - if this was Craiglist or Gumtree then I don't think that would be a problem, but as far as I see it, the "classifieds" here are very much a service for members and incidental to the general forum chatter - so some involvement in the latter is encouraged before taking advantage of the free services. As someone once put it - "if you want to sit round the fire you have to get up and put a log on it"

Anyway, don't be scared off Denis - we're a pretty friendly bunch, come on in - you might enjoy it!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

As someone once put it - "if you want to sit round the fire you have to get up and put a log on it"

Anyway, don't be scared off Denis - we're a pretty friendly bunch, come on in - you might enjoy it!
    Indeed!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rockabilly.

I welcome the approach of the Moderators. I too consider the AoS classifieds to be a bonus of forum membership, and having bought and sold via them, enjoy the increased peace of mind that comes from having some prior acquaintance with other contributors.
    Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Streaming Qobuz : BluOS & Node2 (Fidelity Audio modified) : RME ADI-2 DAC
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage
    Power Amps PrimaLuna ProLogue 5 (KT120) : PrimaLuna ProLogue 4 (KT77)
    Speakers The Edingdale : Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I welcome the approach of the Moderators. I too consider the AoS classifieds to be a bonus of forum membership, and having bought and sold via them, enjoy the increased peace of mind that comes from having some prior acquaintance with other contributors.
    An important point, John - and one of the main reasons why we insist that people introduce themselves properly, and participate in our community a little, before using the classifieds section.

I'm considering imposing a rule, whereby only members with a minimum of 30 posts, inclusive of a proper introduction in the Welcome area, and who thus represent a 'known quantity', are allowed to access the Private Exhibitions area.....

Would anyone have any objections to this?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mark.

An important point, John - and one of the main reasons why we insist that people introduce themselves properly, and participate in our community a little, before using the classifieds section.

I'm considering imposing a rule, whereby only members with a minimum of 30 posts, and who thus represent a 'known quantity', are allowed to access the Private Exhibitions area.....

Marco.

Marco, with respect, anyone can post 30 odd posts in a day, it don't mean you know anything about them. Personally i feel there should be some kind of time frame along with a postage minimum. Does that sound fair and workable, or draconian and unhelpful?

I'm Juha.

I think this is a good idea, it would also take some of the repetitive posting work off the moderators.

I'm considering imposing a rule, whereby only members with a minimum of 30 posts, and who thus represent a 'known quantity', are allowed to access the Private Exhibitions area.....

Marco.
    My Gear

Source components:
    Garrard 401 in a solid birch plywood plinth / Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro / ESCo modified Denon DL-103
    Pioneer TX-9800 tuner
    Amplification:
    Art Audio Diavolo and Conductor, Pair of XTZ Sub Amp 1's, Nick G 'Dual Phono' phono stage
    Loudspeakers:
    Bastanis Mandala Atlas with 15" sealed woofers
    Cables:
    Analysis Plus: Big Silver Oval speaker cables and Silver Oval-in interconnects, Mark Grant DSP 2.5 Dual Screened power cables
    Record cleaning
    Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi MK II

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

That's a very good idea Marco. I used to belong to a travel forum that required 25 (good) posts before they could use certain sections of the forum. This was also subject to Moderator approval, as anyone can post 25 smilies or 'yeah man, that's great!' It stopped the constant single posting by some who just wanted something out of the forum, but weren't prepared to give anything back.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

I must admit to joining the Gearslutz forum just to advertise - the talk there is far too geeky and over the top studio-nerdy for me to ever join in.

However, the classifieds aren't even viewable until you've contributed and been on their for a while, let alone advertise anything..

It is a massive forum and attracts even acclaimed producers and engineers so I guess they have a more exclusive feel to it all to uphold..

.. should that be relevent.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast