+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Latest Version

Default The Latest Version

I know that I posted a picture of my system when I originally joined but here is the latest version which is a complete redo of my system.

iTunes> Pure Music >(2) Western Digital 1TB HDD>Wireworld USB cables>Mac Mini >USB Wireworld cable>Bel Canto DAC1.5>Cardas Micro Twin XLR cables>Bel Canto REF150s amp>Kimber 8TC speaker cables>Dynaudio Excite X32 speakers.

System also includes HDMI connection from Mac Mini to HDTV and Nordost Purple Flare power cable for the Mac Mini, (2) Kimber PK14 power cables for the Bel Canto DAC and Amp and a PK10 power cable for the PS Audio Quintet Power Conditioner. Finally an Apple Wireless Keyboard and Track Pad and iPad2 for control.

I am really, really enjoying this system and it took me a little over two years to transition from a traditional CD based playback system to a computer based playback system.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (2) Lacie Quadra2 HDD>(2) Cardas Clear USB Cables>Mac Mini (AIFF-iTunes-Pure Music)>Cardas Clear USB cable>Bel Canto DAC 1.5>Cardas Clear Light XLR interconnects>Bel Canto 500S amp>Cardas Clear Sky Speaker cables>Dynaudio Chorus 220 MKII speakers

I'm Frank.

very nice!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Hi Mike, I'm in the middle of the same project and sold my CD player a couple of weeks ago and am really happy with the improved sound I am getting, as well as the ease of accessing all my music collection. I haven't completely settled on the control system yet and at the moment use Radmin software to remotely control my music server. I want to change the case too, too something smaller and more unobtrusive - a work in progress
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by mido View Post
    very nice!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    Hi Mike, I'm in the middle of the same project and sold my CD player a couple of weeks ago and am really happy with the improved sound I am getting, as well as the ease of accessing all my music collection. I haven't completely settled on the control system yet and at the moment use Radmin software to remotely control my music server. I want to change the case too, too something smaller and more unobtrusive - a work in progress
    I am very, very happy with the outcome of converting from an optical disc system to a computer server based system. Other than the youthful discovery of all the music I love years ago I don’t know if I have ever enjoyed listening to my music more and I certainly enjoy it more than anytime in the past 10 or 15 years. Awesome stuff and incredible quality of sound.
    (2) Lacie Quadra2 HDD>(2) Cardas Clear USB Cables>Mac Mini (AIFF-iTunes-Pure Music)>Cardas Clear USB cable>Bel Canto DAC 1.5>Cardas Clear Light XLR interconnects>Bel Canto 500S amp>Cardas Clear Sky Speaker cables>Dynaudio Chorus 220 MKII speakers

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by mwheelerk View Post
    . . . . I don’t know if I have ever enjoyed listening to my music more and I certainly enjoy it more than anytime in the past 10 or 15 years. Awesome stuff and incredible quality of sound.
    That was the deal breaker for me too
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread