Closed Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye HiFi Wigwam

I'm stu.

Hopefully scalford can be kept in it's same format.
    I feel if someone takes it on but tries to change it ,it will fail.

A unique show that would be a sad loss.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tam View Post
    i think you are wrong or at least hope so , everyone respected james and the superb job he and others did , and hope he will do again
    I might be wrong, and I hope you're right James invited me to join years ago when the audiophile candy shut down, it's him i feel for most, the poor guy must have been driven half out of his mind judging by the final post

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Perhaps if Wigwam had been set up like other forums to filter and asterisk out swear words this situation would never have arisen. Never joined but often looked out of interest. It was frankly populated by a bunch of uncouth idiots who should have been banned. A forum needs to be run by moderators who between them can devote a fair proportion of their time to it. I'm sure it is not beyond the wit of those involved to keep the Scalford show going and post information here and on other forums.
    The point is, it wasn't supposed to be like other forums! Why have lots of forums all the same? It was lightly modderated by choice & the AUP stated early on, the swearing & bad language was allowed & also stated that if you didn't like that then please don't join!

I guess from your post you totally missed the point of the Wam

Alot of the uncouth idiots (Thank-you!) post on alot of other forums & where swearing is not acceptable they behave as the forum dictates
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

I'm stu.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie2902 View Post
    The point is, it wasn't supposed to be like other forums! Why have lots of forums all the same? It was lightly modderated by choice & the AUP stated early on, the swearing & bad language was allowed & also stated that if you didn't like that then please don't join!

I guess from your post you totally missed the point of the Wam

Alot of the uncouth idiots (Thank-you!) post on alot of other forums & where swearing is not acceptable they behave as the forum dictates
    Hi alfie,

Lets hope scalford keeps going.
    Thanks to the whole wam team if it is gone for good.

Cheers
    chelsea AKA russ abbott on wam.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Hi alfie,

Lets hope scalford keeps going.
    Thanks to the whole wam team if it is gone for good.

Cheers
    Hi Stu,

Well the the first Scalord was supposed to by cross forum so may-be if all work together it can still happen! I have a feeling the Wam will live again, perhaps not as it was/is now, but in some new form
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alfie2902 View Post
    The real shame would be the loss of the Scalford show though!!!
    I'm hoping there will be a way for us to keep it going.

I'm Dave.

I have a lot of experience of forums generally, and generally they do end in tears if they are not properly moderated. You see, forums aren't clubs or societies. They aren't democracies.

I've seen examples of where moderation is either too strict (where mods abused their position), or too lax. In both cases you end up with resentment.

It would appear that James should have stopped the abuse of the forum long ago by setting down basic expectations on how business is to be conducted in the forum. Marco does a very good job of this, as he skilfully navigates a course between being dictatorial and being too lax; he does it well which is really what makes the #Aos forum so friendly.

forums such as this do attract a fair proportion of windbags, and it is the being separated by a screen that encourages people to behave badly because doing so face to face usually ends up with a smack in the chops

I am wondering if a paid-for model might be useful in moving forward. Just a thought.

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I'm hoping there will be a way for us to keep it going.
    I suspect a slightly different Wam will rise from the ashes, Martin. That said I'm sure the show could carry on under new management, if needs be!
    alfie

I'm Tom.

It was only a matter of time before it imploded anyway.

I was disgusted at the constant foul language being used, the racism, the misogyny, the cliques of thugs and opinionated bullies who made most threads into a nightmare and as for anyone having an opinion different from the herd, it was pitiful to witness.

I personally am very sad that it went from the good intentions it began with to the cesspit it had become and to be perfectly honest James should have taken a leave of absence last year when he vowed to take a back seat for a while and not post. Instead, he saw fit to carry on to humiliate and belittle far too many people and let his own views on matters dominate the forum, encouraging those that mirrored his views. When that attitude prevails at the very top of the tree, then it comes as no surprise the fuse was already well lit for the big bang.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post

Cheers
    Hey Stu - it's you!

I bet a fair few Wammers will make their way here.

Be nice if the old place was restarted, though - it was always intended to be a Lads Forum. Just read the AUP - if you didn't like it, you were invited not to join. Seems fair enough to me. But it just grew too popular for its own good, and too many of the newbies didn't understand the underlying ethic and f*cked it up. Real shame, imho.

And to any Wam Mods and James if they look in - Many thanks for some excellent times and a whole bunch of new friends I wouldn't have met if not for you.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast