+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splitting WAVs into MP3

I'm Clive.

Default Splitting WAVs into MP3

I have a load of WAV and CUE files which work fine on Foobar. I also have them as FLACs. The WAVs, CUEs and FLACs are all one file per album, not per track.

I want to convert the WAVs or FLACs to MP3 for the media player on my phone. I have no problem converting whole albums into single MP3 files, the only issue of course is that I can't the pick or skip individual tracks.

I've tried a few ways to split and convert these single image files into one file per track - and retain them as albums. So far I've not found a simple way to do this. I can split the WAV files in Foobar and have a CUE file, then I need to convert to MP3 but I loose the CUE files so the tracks are not arranged as an album.

If you've followed me this far I hope you have some advice for me! Ideally splitting and converting to MP3 in one operation.....

Cheers!
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Keith.

Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Clive.

I've had a play with Cue Tools, how can I automatically arrange the resulting MP3s into albums?
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side

I'm Keith.

Clive, what does the music player on the phone use to determine which album tracks are part of - directory structure or meta-data?
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by keiths View Post
    Clive, what does the music player on the phone use to determine which album tracks are part of - directory structure or meta-data?
    It's a Blackberry, I really don't know what it expects......I'll have to research it. Probably meta-data.

I also have a Sony MP3/ATRAC player so I suppose I'm after a universal solution but I don't expect one exists.

I'm Keith.

Have you checked using MP3Tag or whatever that the Album name etc is the same in the meta-data of all the split tracks?
    Keith

Gallery

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by keiths View Post
    Have you checked using MP3Tag or whatever that the Album name etc is the same in the meta-data of all the split tracks?
    I'll try to gather up the energy........I almost always listen to albums anyway, without a simple solution I may just stick with single files. But I will research it when bored in hotels!

Thanks.

I'm Keith.

Looks like it may well be a meta-data issue:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...e-problem.html
    Keith

Gallery

I'm Clive.

Thanks Keith for looking, I have used mp3tag and will investigate further but the work involved sounds like a lot of work for 500 CDs.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Use Foobar to split the files using the cue sheets - if the cue sheets have the track titles then it will embed the titles etc as metadata.
    If your cue sheets just say track 1, track 2 etc. then you're buggered

If you want to convert to MP3 then you might have to instal the LAME plugin to Foobar.

If you're unsure whether or not the track titles are embedded in the cue sheet you can use wordpad to read it.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast