+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squeezeboxes and things

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by TopBalcony View Post
    FF a couple of weeks and I now have a HRT music streamer II+ (the latest 2011 model). I was tempted into this after some some comments by John Swenson on the Squeezebox forum, most notably one that said simply, of his experience with SBT and HRT streamers, "wow". The HRT is a USB only DAC (asynch for the technically minded(not me!)) so it requires a bit of fiddling with the SBT firmware. I must say however that the results are fabulous.

I bought the HRT Streamer when they very first came out.It does sound very good

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    Hi Rich,

Why do you want to use the USB output of your touch rather than the Coax, into your Audiolab?
    Hi Will,
    USB connection means you can get asynchronous output from the Touch into the Audiolab. Other people with async USB DACs have reported huge improvements over the SPDIF output, so it would be great to at least try it. But it's going to take a new version of jive_alsa with support for S24_3LE output in order to get it to work properly with the Audiolab (and a number of other DACs).
    Rich

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by lovejoy View Post
    Hi Will,
    USB connection means you can get asynchronous output from the Touch into the Audiolab. Other people with async USB DACs have reported huge improvements over the SPDIF output, so it would be great to at least try it. But it's going to take a new version of jive_alsa with support for S24_3LE output in order to get it to work properly with the Audiolab (and a number of other DACs).
    ...interesting Rich, I suppose it depends on how good the DAC's USB implementation is, but it does takes the workload off the SB.

I'm a bit last generation, as I have an SB receiver going into an Audiolab 8000DAX, so SPDIF is pretty much my best option , so I watch with interest, as I'm quite taken by the CDQ as my next possible DAC.
    Cheers, Will

I'm Chris.

The USB input on the Audiolab 8200CDQ is absolutely first class.

Having said that, the TV sounds very good through the optical input too. It's a great DAC.

It's a great CD player too.

I also can't fault the pre-amp and now use it all the time.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by lovejoy View Post
    USB connection means you can get asynchronous output from the Touch into the Audiolab.
    What we need now is a Touch II with two USB ports, one for input from a hard drive and one for output to an Asynch USB DAC. I'd buy one!
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by technobear View Post
    What we need now is a Touch II with two USB ports, one for input from a hard drive and one for output to an Asynch USB DAC. I'd buy one!
    ...and a bit more 'grunt' so it can act as a server without any performance compromise
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12