+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you guys...

I'm Ross.

Cool Thank you guys...

... this is a great place.

Many peeps here willing to help, and an incredible combined amount of knowledge of both music and the technicalities/science/equipment behind the music.

There may be the odd disagreement, but, we're all different. In my time here, which is relatively short, 99% of the talk has been polite and friendly. Can't ask for more than that in an open forum.

Cheers!
    Speakers: Kii THREE
    Headphones: Lumin A1 > Simaudio Moon 600i > Abyss AB-1266

I'm Dave.

Glad your enjoying yourself Ross. Yes it is indeed a great forum.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I think I said a similar thing Ross shortly after I joined. The amount I have learnt since being here is quite something and the help along the way has been brilliant. As for the 'odd' disagreement, well the management have to be commended on how they are handled - quite something this little community AoS
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Thanks for you kind comments Ross.

We try our best, and if the last few days have been difficult - well, that was a momentary aberation.

Yes AoS is different to other audio fora, and long may it be so!

Regards
    Last edited by Barry; 30-06-2011 at 14:15. Reason: spelling
    Barry

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Flip that around Barry and the last week is a testament to just how good this place is? I can't think of another forum where such time and care would have been taken at trying to resolve the issues to everyone's satisfaction. Bloody impressive for a bunch of blokes voluntarily looking after a non-commercial venture.

Last edited by Tim; 30-06-2011 at 15:09.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    Flip that around Barry and the last week is a testament to just how good this place is? I can't think of another place where such time and care would have been taken at trying to resolve the issues to everyone's satisfaction. Bloody impressive for a bunch of blokes voluntarily looking after a non-commercial venture.

Yep, can't argue with that.
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Would it not be better for banning all trade ventures? I personally think so.

If one enjoyed a particular product then one could pass on the relevant info.

I personally think a private forum has no place for the trade associates.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm ILOB.

The trade is an important part of AOS and on the whole this works really well for us
    Thanks for the comments the last week been hard for the mods we want it to work but its impossible to always please everybody
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Ross.

As long as traders don't attempt to sell in normal conversations - which from my own experience, they don't - it's all good in my eyes.

When for example, someone starts a thread asking about a specific cable, as I did here, I see no harm in the trader politely mentioning they stock any cables which have been discussed.
    Speakers: Kii THREE
    Headphones: Lumin A1 > Simaudio Moon 600i > Abyss AB-1266

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up

Spot on, Ross! That is exactly our policy. And thank you for your kind remarks, which are appreciated.

I see no reason, in a discussion relevant to a particular product, why one of our trade members, who may sell said product, shouldn't post relevant info on the thread for the consideration of any potential customers.

As long as they don't start littering the forum with blatant self-promotion (other than in the trade area), and make a nuisance of themselves, that's what business is all about!

Let's not forget that AoS supports our trade members (we like helping them make a living), as well as it does the interests of everyone else. And so AoS without its valued trade members, and remember that ours are amongst the good guys in the industry, we would not be fulfilling the core values of our ethos.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast