+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need some warmth....

I'm paul.

The reason I believe it to be down to the cd player is I also have an Akai GX95 cassette deck and when I swith to it the sound is absolutely fine, I did borrow a mates spare technics turntable a couple of days ago and again, the music sounded wonderful, its not the speakers, the problem with sibilence I have cured and they are a class act. Best is I try to audition a few cd players and take it from there....cheers you guys and many thanks....

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdog View Post
    Best is I try to audition a few cd players and take it from there....cheers you guys and many thanks....
    A Missing Link Opus-F mains lead on the CD player is worth a try. £160 a bit expensive these days, but worked wonders on a naim CDX that could be a bit excited. I've found that CD players are very sensitive to mains quality and/or high frequency harmonics.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.