+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon - Blue Horizon Record Brush

I'm David.

Default Coming Soon - Blue Horizon Record Brush

Blue Horizon brought us their excellent record mat which Marco and I both use, the clean it is also a superb contact cleaner, the latest product was spikedfeet which sold completely out following an excellent review in hi-fi world and record collector, and now there is another excellent item, a record brush for a sensible price, get your orders in now as the first batch is sure to sell out, it costs less than a round of drinks so pm to get your hands on one now. £19.95 or thereabouts.

Here it is guys.
    Last edited by MCRU; 21-06-2011 at 17:32.

I'm Dave.

I have the same type of brush. It has served me well for years and is the best type of record brush you can own (IMHO).
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hmm, me to Dave Nothing fancy, it just states on the side "Carbon Fibre Cleaner".. It looks exactly the same though, even down to the rounded bottom corners
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm David.

Mark,
    Bearing in mind what Blue Horizon have produced to date, one of the best record mats next to the Oyaide (not me saying this just sales volumes prove it), clean it contact cleaner which is simply brilliant and again sells well and the new spiked feet which have sold so well the supplier cannot meet demand (following the review in record collector and hi-fi world) so it would be fair to say without even using it that the reputation of Blue Horizon will be good enough for most potential buyers to pump up 20 notes.

I have no doubt about it Dave It's just interesting that exactly the same design has been used by BH which has been about for at least 20 years. Perhaps that actually speaks volumes of it's efficacy
    Bests, Mark

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I have no doubt about it Dave It's just interesting that exactly the same design has been used by BH which has been about for at least 20 years. Perhaps that actually speaks volumes of it's efficacy
    Probably right mate, I am waiting with baited breath to see what their new RCM is all about!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I think we're possibly missing the point, chaps...

Yes the Blue Horizon and the ubiquitous 'Carbon Fibre Cleaner' share the same plastic shell/holder, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the important bit, the bristles, are the same!

If the bristles on the BH are finer, or are made from a different material altogether, then that could make all the difference to its efficacy....

Anyway, I'm buying one to use in conjunction with my Furutech anti-static brush. I also have one of the bog standard Carbon Fibre Cleaners (which is worn out, hence why I need another one), and so will report here in due course if there is any difference between it and the BH

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

The thing I like and also dis-like about forums is we are all human and all have different needs and desires, another forum someone said it was too expensive, someone posted a link to a brush at 1/2 the price, its been debated at length many times and I have to laugh out loud sometimes, 2 identical looking items can perform like chalk and cheese, I know from using keith's gear already that he would not make anything that was not "right", or correction, his designer (who is german) would not make anything that was not "right".

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think we're possibly missing the point, chaps...

Yes the Blue Horizon and the ubiquitous 'Carbon Fibre Cleaner' share the same plastic shell/holder, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the important bit, the bristles, are the same!

If the bristles on the BH are finer, or are made from a different material altogether, then that could make all the difference to its efficacy....

Anyway, I'm buying one to use in conjunction with my Furutech anti-static brush. I also have one of the bog standard Carbon Fibre Cleaners (which is worn out, hence why I need another one), and so will report here in due course if there is any difference between it and the BH

Marco.
    Don't ask me to count them
    Bests, Mark

I'm Mark.

It is possible that somewhere in the world there is one company making these brushes and just
    customizing by adding the particular company logo (I have a Memorex one here),but don't let
    that put you off ,the same thing can happen with tonearms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast