+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HD800s & Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear good bedfellows?

I'm simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Millzee60 View Post
    I too was very surprised to prefer the built in headphone amp over the GS UL. It occurred to me that the interconnects may not have been up to the job or maybe the audio out was compromised in some way but Stan never suggested it was so I really don't know.

And yet I'm not quite ready to give up on the the GS yet. I think a change of headphone first and then see where we go from there.
    i really like the sound of my current kit.
    BUT, like trigger on only fools and horses, "i hear voices"
    i read about some new headphone, dac or amp and i hear a voice that says
    "i bet that sounds better than yours".
    hence my intention to try a new dac (m2tech young)

i am also wanting to audition the lcd2.
    where do you stop????

i hear another voice that says....
    the d7000s sound good out of your ipod so why spend all this money??
    DIGITAL:flac/pc/foobar/wasapi>Chord Qutest> Frans' (Solderdude) headphone correction filter>Violectric V200>Senn HD650, Beyer DT1990
    >or Garage 1217 Project Ember (as pre)>Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10.
    ANALOGUE: Rega P8>Rega Aria> Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10

Quote Originally Posted by oldson View Post
    i cant believe the hpa on the caiman could out perform the solo ul.
    Why not ? Is it because I charge so little for the Caiman or something else?

I'm Ross.

If you like the 7Ks, you simply must get in touch with Simon at HiFiSound and organise a loaner pair of LCD-2s before making the purchase :¬)
    Speakers: Kii THREE
    Headphones: Lumin A1 > Simaudio Moon 600i > Abyss AB-1266

I'm Zainul.

Have you tried the Matrix M-Stage with the HD800 - very similar to the BCL which is excellent with the HD800 (have both at home and Sennheiser always demo the HD800 with it). The HD800s were actually used in the development of the amp so the synergy is awesome.

The Woo Audio 6 also sounds fantastic, maybe lacking a touch in punch. The Elekit TU88R DIY kit is also a great option. Both are pretty hard to demo however.

The HD800 are a great pair of headphones once you find the right synergy - if you manage to do so it's definitely on par with the D7k or the LCD-2, if not technically better imo. Some people who have come home simply can't get on with it's sound signature and so another pair of cans may well be better - depends entirely on your own ears which makes it very difficult to stop auditioning indeed!

Zain
    AmpCity - Calyx, Matrix, Audio Gd, Hifiman

If you've got a question about headphones, headphone amplifiers or DACs, I'm your man.

Get the best out of your headphones with our Headphone Recabling Service: http://www.ampcity.co.uk/headphone-r...e-fidelis.html

I'm simon.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Why not ? Is it because I charge so little for the Caiman or something else?
    you got me there
    DIGITAL:flac/pc/foobar/wasapi>Chord Qutest> Frans' (Solderdude) headphone correction filter>Violectric V200>Senn HD650, Beyer DT1990
    >or Garage 1217 Project Ember (as pre)>Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10.
    ANALOGUE: Rega P8>Rega Aria> Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga View Post
    If you like the 7Ks, you simply must get in touch with Simon at HiFiSound and organise a loaner pair of LCD-2s before making the purchase :¬)
    I joined the queue 4 weeks ago No idea how long it is.
    Meridian 200/203 Graham Slee Ultra Linear Sennheiser HD800s Naim NAC60/NAP140 Ruark Talisman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234