+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bantam Monoblocks

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Linky no worky?
    Sorry Ali, try this now. I bought it for the spec of the Mini-T but if it isn't right I can still change it, especially for a different model.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/13.8v-regula...rdercode=XM22Y
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Steve.

Hi Gary

I saw that you'd ordered them. Will be a good comparison as you're running from the Touch also, which is quite new for me, and also you've compared to the Mini-T before with Ali.
    Steve & Valerie

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It'll power them ,but I'd say you are sailing a little close to the wind there, you really need 7A to power both. You are using the Sachikos though, which are very sensitive, so you won't be using many watts to drive them.

Having said that, you need to look at the specs of those power supplies, you'd need to buy the 10A version for it to supply 7A continuous, as the 5A version you have will only yield 3A continuous, not enough for even one mono at max demand. Does it have a thermal cutout?

Were it my choice, I'd go for the 10A version, just to be safe. You could probably use the one you have until the new one arrives though.

I'm Steve.

It has short term overload protection. I'd like to try but I don't want to fry another one!
    Steve & Valerie

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'm being my usual overcautious self Steve, it should be fine really, the Sachikos are so sensitive they'll probably never draw more than 5W from the amps.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    It'll power them ,but I'd say you are sailing a little close to the wind there, you really need 7A to power both. You are using the Sachikos though, which are very sensitive, so you won't be using many watts to drive them.

Were it my choice, I'd go for the 10A version, just to be safe. You could probably use the one you have until the new one arrives though.
    Usual Disclaimer since I don't know Tchit from Tchinola, but John at Temple told me that the maximum draw on the Bantam Gold, it comes with a 15v/3A supply, was 1.25a. So I'm really surprised that the monoblocks current draw would be as high as 3 amps.

Best to ask John, no ?
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.