+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: Mika K's system

I'm Mika.

Still here occasionally and this time it's summer in Finland +28 deg of C

Nothing much changed here in ages but during the past weeks made diy lens diffusers looking a bit like Argent Room Lenses. Have had these tubes at the garage for years and just somehow thought to try those out as had really not anything better to do. The elements turned out just fine and have been now in use for few days to have some opinion of the impact also.

I think the ones located at the outer side of the speakers have clear impact to the first reflections but dunno yet about the middle one. It seems that the system sounds little bit more coherent, open and clearer with slightly improved transient response at the mid and upper range. Clearly an improvement, so I guess i let these stay as it s easy to remove these to the side of the room if needed in case of Mrs giving a lecture for the relatives coming to visit us and I have have black ugly tubes at the living room..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Paul.

Default Interesting....

Just spotted this interesting thread and the bike is also superb.... My son races and I see stuff all the time but your steed really caught my eye.....
    EMT 930ST
    Garrard 301/3009 MK1
    Micro Seiki MR-711/MA-202L
    Stax SRA-3S MM phono amplifier
    Nagra BPSv2 phonostage
    BigBottle BB3 Phonostage
    Telefunken Bv.42-01 Transformer
    Hashimoto HM-3 Transformer
    Braun CC4 Transformer
    Ortofon Spu Synergy
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Miyajima Waza
    Denon 103SA
    Audio Technica AT33 Mono
    IFI Pro Linestage
    PYE HF12 KT66 Monoblocks
    Uchida Sun Audio SV-300BE
    Crimson Elektrik CS1500
    Quantum Electronics 202D
    Marantz 1060 Integrated
    Western Electric Line Transformer
    Yamaha CDR-HD1500
    Tannoy 15" Bespoke

I'm Mika.

Thanks! Have two tailored custom bikes out of seven and one in order at the moment, so yeah the bikes are really my thing

considering the music system in my living room no big changes here. Some time ago sold my "collectors" Micro Seiki TT as use my old reliable Garrard much more in everyday listening and felt that two heavy TTs are bit too much. Few months ago retipped my Transfiguration Phoenix II cartridge in Netherlands and fitted that back to my Garrard/SME V combo as the DV20x2 started to have the hours full. Happy for that as now during the pandemy have much more time listening music despite have been working normally so far as I'm working as a nurse..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm brian.

7 Bikes . As Noel Keywood ( hi fi world ) once said to somebody who had 24 pairs of speakers where do you put them all ?. Mind you its Finland so room should be plenty I suppose.
    Only 2 bikes myself, BMC and Condor single speed. Do you have many ( or any ) bike thieves Mike like the UK ?. Now to read the rest of your thread.

I'm Pavel.

Must be one of the most accomplished systems out there. I have never heard any of the large Genelecs but during my media production days heard quite a lot of their smaller monitors, they all were extremely good. The large ones must be stunning.

Also: this cozy room looks exactly how I imagine my perfect place!

I'm Mika.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Do you have many ( or any ) bike thieves Mike like the UK ?
    There are some but i's pretty quiet still here in north compared to the capital area or real big world out there. Below few pics of the bikes I have in daily use in addition of the custom Konga fatbike. Konga randonneur. Genesis Vagabond, vintage Peugeot MTB plus Omnium Mini cargo. Then have few projects ongoing, one vintage roadbike and one other vintage MTB single speed. Oh yeah and one fixed old Nishiki Roadmaster also..

I'm Mika.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    Must be one of the most accomplished systems out there. I have never heard any of the large Genelecs but during my media production days heard quite a lot of their smaller monitors, they all were extremely good. The large ones must be stunning.

Also: this cozy room looks exactly how I imagine my perfect place!
    Thanks! And yeah these big ones in a room with moderate acoustic treatment and carefully matched system are really something else than many hifi/hiend speakers have to say.

I'm Mika.

Been a while already at the new address but this is what it looks like here at the moment..

https://flic.kr/p/2nRJxrD

https://flic.kr/p/2nRL161

https://flic.kr/p/2nRKZTC

I'm Martin.

You've got a lot of vinyl!

How are you finding the Genelecs?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Welcome back Mika nice to hear from you again, keep posting.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast