+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: Mika K's system

I'm Mike.

Excellent write-up Mika! I'll definently try and hear these bigger Genelecs if an opportunity appear!
    I see a glimpse of some acoustic treatment in the lower half of the face of the gentleman in sweetspot too? Diffusion/Absorption?

I'm Rob.

Are your Genelec's the £10,000 model?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Mika.

^^ Yes there might be some significant diffusion happening there at OPs facial area

The speakers are Genelec 1038B, which is approx 10,000£ per pair in UK I guess. My pair was the last pair leaving the factory and also with the extra real-wood veneered enclosures before the new 1238A with the in-house DSP replaced the model.
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Peter.

Hi Mika.

Are you driving them with the Monbrison? I could see that being a 'best of both worlds' combination.

I'm Mika.

Yes I am. I know that some are against mix&match principle but Shindo Monbrison is important part of the equation
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Mika.

Really loong loong time without any posts to this forum. Steady life without any changes to the system, so pretty boring in that sense. It seems that the Shindo & Genelec combination killed nice hobby of mine Despite music still flows and also today have been listening about a dozen LPs during my day off from the office. Perhaps need to start planning the cartridge retipping soon as the counter keeps growing and growing for both TTs..

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post

Nice to hear from you Mika. It's been a long time, but good to learn you are still enjoying your system.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

I agree! I like seeing your photos and reports on everything from fat biking in the snow to turntables!
    Anyways, good to hear from you!

I'm Mika.

Thanks guys!

Guess what I've been doing when not working, hanging out with the family, listening music or staring wristwatches

I'm Mike.

Excellent! Great piccies as usual!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast