+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The TS Evo 1200/10 has been reviewed

I'm Ron.

Default The TS Evo 1200/10 has been reviewed

At long last HFW have come good and on P101, HFW, July'11 issue recieved today, Rafael Todes has put the deck through its paces and the revue is favourable I was surprised to see that the acrylic platter was not part of the package, why? The TT under review has the TS HE PSU (I use this one), TS uprated bearing and short unattractive sorbothane tower feet at each corner plus the addition of an Oyadie platter + weight, SME 3 and AT33 and thats it for now folks! Can this combo be bettered, erm yes I think so but I will leave it to others to say why. I know the Diva from Dartmouth will most probably zone in on this post of mine so howdy DaveO well done old scone.

Whats the verdict on the review?

I'm waiting with beating heart,

Ron

I'm David.

Don't forget they take months to review things so Dave set it in ages ago. It was bound to get a good review, and Dave will sell loads of them, we know our Techie's are better but can only tell people via forums as I cannot afford £300 a month to advertise in Hi Fi World.

It's obvious to us all that other combinations would sound better but it's also the partnering equipment that has to be taken into consideration.

The Oyaide mat rules yet again!

I'm John.

never knew rafael todes was a hifi reviewer. surprisingly unusual for a classical musician to be into audio.

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlemaker View Post
    never knew rafael todes was a hifi reviewer. surprisingly unusual for a classical musician to be into audio.
    Actually, he's quite good bringing fresh classical trained ears to the appraisal team. Also he listens to Jazz as the other viewers seem to be locked into a pop and rock diet for assessment with an occasional nod to wards the former. As to being really, really good at the job only time will tell

Ron

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Don't forget they take months to review things so Dave set it in ages ago. It was bound to get a good review, and Dave will sell loads of them, we know our Techie's are better but can only tell people via forums as I cannot afford £300 a month to advertise in Hi Fi World.

It's obvious to us all that other combinations would sound better but it's also the partnering equipment that has to be taken into consideration.

The Oyaide mat rules yet again!
    Yeah Dave, having worked for IPC Publishers along time ago I know what a mine field advance notice of a possible review can be but HFW have been saying that they 'Hope to bring you next month' a review of what I understood to be the Timestep 1200. Noted that the Origin Alive tweaked version was in April '11, which incidentaly Rafeal did do a comparison to, all be it very briefly. I must say the present review does leave me wanting more.
    I agree that any TT is dependent on the rest of the system in total.

Advertising is expensive, but the best ads are from highly satisified customers but this is a slow process, so keep your customers satisfied and business will increase as the word spreads

Ron

I'm colin.

Is the mag in shops today or is it early delivery subscription?

I'm John.

It's in W. H. Smith here in sunny Weymouth.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    Is the mag in shops today or is it early delivery subscription?
    I get my copy on subscription approx two to three days before its on the rack at W H Smiths. I've also started to get HFN on subs which normally arrives a couple of days before HFW. If you read these mags on a regular monthly basis then I'd go for the subscription route as its slightly cheaper, comes straight to you and if you judge the month right the mags give you a little prezzy as an inducement to take up a sub.... unfortunately I've always missed out on these As for the other mags I don't bother although if there is something of real interest to me I'd buy such as HI Fi Choice. Back in the mid 1970s I would buy any mag that had Hi Fi on the cover but that was in my hormoneal sad bastard days .

Ron

I'm Andrew.

Good old DC seems to be basking in his own glory with regards to the latest review in HiFi world. The review is favourable but the cost of the machine is not. How the hell does he charge £3600 This cost will probably go even higher with his new platter. My system which has considerably more mods that you can through a stick at still cost under £3K to put together and that with a SME V, audio origami re-fettle, every Mike New tweak, feet etc etc.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Good old DC seems to be basking in his own glory with regards to the latest review in HiFi world. The review is favourable but the cost of the machine is not. How the hell does he charge £3600 This cost will probably go even higher with his new platter. My system which has considerably more mods that you can through a stick at still cost under £3K to put together and that with a SME V, audio origami re-fettle, every Mike New tweak, feet etc etc.
    Looks like he's charging £800 for a SL-1210 http://www.soundhifi.com/sl1200/evo.html
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast