+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Temporary setup

I'm Steve.

Default Temporary setup

This is the HiFi's temporary home. I move the speakers for listening, they are in the 'parked' position. The piercing blue LED (my eyes my eyes!) belongs to the Bantam and there is also the WDTV Live and 2.5TB of stogage hiding in there too. (1.8 TB of FLAC and a load of movies too). When I get a bigger pair of speakers in the future (Tannoy MG's hopefully) I will rearrange the room to suit including moving the TV between the two windows - you can only see one in the pic. Sorry for the lack of quality, it was done on my mobile.

The room is 4 X 6M btw.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm David.

Looks nice mate ... you gotta love the bantams light ... brighter than the sun i reckon
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Steve.

Yes it is Hamish, I put a cushion over it, like I did with the display on the Hitatcj VT11E when I watched The Evil Dead on VHS when I was a kid!

Last edited by aquapiranha; 21-05-2011 at 20:31.

I'm Neil.

Looking good Steve.

My HiFi lived in my parents roof space for several years after I moved out and it took quite awhile before I got things set up as they are (still same since your last visit). Patience is the name of the game after a move.

Maybe some day in the not to distant future I will get a listen.

Regards D S D L

I'm Marc.

cool looking speakers - think I had a pair like them (self-made by someone else) but without a separate tweeter (or super tweeter in this case?)...

but it sounds like you're not completely happy with them, anyhow.

I'm Steve.

No problem Neil, you are more than welcome whenever you can make it.

Marc, I got the speakers in a swap with Ali Tait for the OB's that I built. The OB's are better, no doubt, but I needed something more compact and less fragile for moving. I have a free reign now on what type / size of speakers I can get as my partner has no interest and doesn't mind (lucky me). I hope when I have a bit of cash I can build some large cabinets for Tannoy MG's, though I am still undecided as to whether that would be RLH, Ported or sealed or maybe something like the Onken design. I look forward to doing them maybe in a year, and since I have free access to a massive, fully equipped wood working workshop, it should be fun!

I'm Stefaan.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    This is the HiFi's temporary home. I move the speakers for listening, they are in the 'parked' position. The piercing blue LED (my eyes my eyes!) belongs to the Bantam and there is also the WDTV Live and 2.5TB of stogage hiding in there too. (1.8 TB of FLAC and a load of movies too). When I get a bigger pair of speakers in the future (Tannoy MG's hopefully) I will rearrange the room to suit including moving the TV between the two windows - you can only see one in the pic. Sorry for the lack of quality, it was done on my mobile.
    Nice looking speakers, Steve.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Bantam (apart from a brand of chicken )? You could try and "paint" the LED with a permanent black marker. I did that with a router in my bedroom, and it made quite a difference.

Are you happy with the WDTV Live (I'm considering buying one).

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefaan View Post

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Bantam (apart from a brand of chicken )

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefaan View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Bantam (apart from a brand of chicken )?
    http://tinyurl.com/3eagap8

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Stefaan.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    Didn't even see it was an amp Anyway, why google when one can ask?

+ Reply to Thread