+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Audio T stores rebrand as Sevenoaks

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Reading Audio T? Unless they've had a total staff change (including manager) I'd only go there if I hated digital and loved Naim blindly......
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

MartinT Guest

The last time I dealt with them was about nine years ago, so that may well be the case.

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Reading Audio T? Unless they've had a total staff change (including manager) I'd only go there if I hated digital and loved Naim blindly......
    The last time i went there,the older guy treated me like a leper,didn't even have the decency to look me in the eyes when he was talking down to me.

I'll never buy anything from there again.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Dave.

They're a What Hi-Fi outlet. Fine if you want a TV, surround sound amp or 5.1 speaker package. I'm on their email mailing list and that's pretty much all they seem to tell me about. I couldn't be less interested. They probably used to be good Hi-Fi stores but based on my last experience in dealing with Sevenoaks I wouldn't go back.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm colin.

I have a Sevenoaks around the corner from me. I booked a demo for a sub for the afternoon and dropped my speakers of early morning. He didnt even attempt to set it up properly and he should know my speakers as he owned a pair.
    Maybe he didnt care about a £250 sale. He told me if i dont like it i should try a Monitor Audio model £100 more expensive . I work in retail and so im a bit suspicious.
    The manager of the Croyden branch was good and a bought a few things of him but his assistant was a horrible man. Sadly its a tesco metro now.
    The guy in the Bromley branch always looked fed up but did light up when i commented on the great sounding vinyl set up he was playing. Suddenly his passion came out and i warmed to him enough to buy a phono stage from him.
    Maybe its not a pleasant company to work for. Difficult sales targets or crap head office. Been there before myself.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    Maybe its not a pleasant company to work for. Difficult sales targets or crap head office. Been there before myself.
    If their targets are difficult there is no way they are going to meet them by acting like a bunch of miserable wankers. Typical British retail mentality.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

I believe they have huge targets to meet, they have to give a massive chunk of turnover to head office and they are forced to sell the most profitable items from WTF mag.

That would make me miserable...

I'm Martin.

A good salesman sells what he is given to sell at the price he is told to sell it. If it is rubbish or too expensive, well, that's why you need a salesman to shift it and not an order taker.

Different for you Dave as you stock and sell what you want and you only answer to yourself if you don't make any money.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Perhaps that's why I haven't made a fortune. I'm a useless salesman and only sell what I like and believe in..

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Perhaps that's why I haven't made a fortune. I'm a useless salesman and only sell what I like and believe in..
    hi Dave,
    In this ever decreasing market i think your philosophy will win in the long run!
    Anthony,TD...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast