+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Morrissey compares the Queen to Muammar Gaddafi"

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by RochaCullen View Post
    I am sure if the interview with morrisey was examined, you would find the comment about the queen was a throwaway comment, but one the editor of the guardian chose to focus on.
    Definately! Did you see their headline when they interviewed him a couple of months previously? They contrived a scenario by asking him a particular question (can't remember what about) then picked his response deliberately - and also out of context so that that hid the contrivation - and splashed it all over the headlines just to grab themselves a load of attention to what was actually quite a regular interview..

The thing is he, more than most musicians, does not see why people should actually be interested in anything other than his music either (that's what he says)..

I guess it is then up to us to ask ourselves why we are 'interested' and why it should rile any one of us.. One individual in the world.

The way the Guardian works it though is a case of "Miss! Miss! Stephen just said F%@# ! "

Still, I would rather read such things that make me think than thousands of empty articles about who made some rich girl's wedding dress!

I'm Nathan.

Default No festivals, tweeting or selling out

Just read the following article in the independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...t-2288168.html

I don't have any of Adele's music, although I did hear her sing on Jools's show not so long ago. But her take on things has impressed me massively.

I enjoy concerts and I enjoy gigs, but have no time for big festivals or stadium gigs. Waste of money in my point of view. Last big gig I went to was in the O2 and I wished I'd spent the £120 on some CDs instead. Still my reasons for not liking big gigs might be a little different than adele's.

What's most impressive is that she recognises the inherent problems with "Lady Gaga-style ubiquity".
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by RochaCullen View Post
    Just read the following article in the independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...t-2288168.html

I don't have any of Adele's music, although I did hear her sing on Jools's show not so long ago. But her take on things has impressed me massively.

I enjoy concerts and I enjoy gigs, but have no time for big festivals or stadium gigs. Waste of money in my point of view. Last big gig I went to was in the O2 and I wished I'd spent the £120 on some CDs instead. Still my reasons for not liking big gigs might be a little different than adele's.

What's most impressive is that she recognises the inherent problems with "Lady Gaga-style ubiquity".
    Certainly going off topic now, but I really enjoy festivals. Not necessarily for the music for it's own sake, but for the atmosphere and variety of music (dependant on the festival of course..) and for just being able to sit outside, relaxing, with some band playing live and original music for you - good when they're unpopular and have no crowd in the way in the middle of the day. Always aurally enjoyable whether or not you actually like the music (that's not a contradiction for me).

Still, I can understand avoidance of over popular and crowded big festivals and stadium gigs are much less enjoyable than seing the same band on Jules Holland with a good hifi.

I'm joe.

Morrissey is comedy gold! Like Lou Reed, he's mostly on the wind-up in interviews

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Morrissey is comedy gold! Like Lou Reed, he's mostly on the wind-up in interviews
    Good grief - welcome back Joe - thought you'd been abducted by aliens.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ILOB.

What Joe not an Alien
    Nice to have you back
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12