+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "What would a wise man or woman do now?"

I'm Howard.

Default "What would a wise man or woman do now?"

"What do you do? It’s raining. And you want to go home. And they’ve clamped you. Do you weep? Do you swear? Or both? And you’re overdrawn. Do you kick yourself? Or the car? Are you calm and rational?"

http://www.philosophycourse.com/
    Well, hello.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Popeck (Stereonow) View Post
    "What do you do? It’s raining. And you want to go home. And they’ve clamped you. Do you weep? Do you swear? Or both? And you’re overdrawn. Do you kick yourself? Or the car? Are you calm and rational?"

http://www.philosophycourse.com/
    Philosophy my arse, i would go nuts for maybe ten minutes or so and if i were in my truck i would cut it off with my very handy petrol disc cutter and leave it in the gutter where these people belong, if not i would then politely phone the clamping company, pay my fine wait for the cnut to come out and remove it then insert it up his arse and shove him and the clamp into his little van and bid him farewell,

Anger management course yes, philosopy course bollocks, scum of the earth mutants
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Deleted.

"what would a wise man or woman do now?"

How about 'define the meaning of the word 'wise' and how it impacts upon man and woman' or, 'consider why man and woman should be considered separately within the context of the word 'wise'', or 'consider the meaning of 'now' given that now is a continual variable between yesterday and tomorrow'?
    Account Deleted

I'm Neil.

Simple answer avoid all the issues in the first place.....don't park in a clamping zone or if its a time issue be back at your vehicle at the proper time or before it to be safe.

Regards D S D L

I'm Deleted.

What if you don't believe in pragmatism (putting aside definitions of belief or pragmatism)?
    Account Deleted

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Simple answer avoid all the issues in the first place.....don't park in a clamping zone or if its a time issue be back at your vehicle at the proper time or before it to be safe.

Regards D S D L
    My impression is that the example provided was merely illustrative (and presumably provocative enough to encourage interest) rather than specific. The ad, on the wall of a tube station caught my attention. In this respect at least, the example was useful.
    Well, hello.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    Philosophy my arse, i would go nuts for maybe ten minutes or so and if i were in my truck i would cut it off with my very handy petrol disc cutter and leave it in the gutter where these people belong, if not i would then politely phone the clamping company, pay my fine wait for the cnut to come out and remove it then insert it up his arse and shove him and the clamp into his little van and bid him farewell,

Anger management course yes, philosopy course bollocks, scum of the earth mutants
    Hmm. Yes that's certainly one approach and I agree that as a martial-arts enthusiast myself there is a visceral satisfaction in hand-to-hand combat. Especially if as in Krav Maga ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKjpdWyYMc ) which is my preferred 'art' there are no rules and there are no mats in the dojo 'cos "there aren't any mats in the street, son". However for those inclined to look for retribution at a distance you might find this video to be of interest > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9lMViBr6d8
    Last edited by Neil McCauley; 15-05-2011 at 23:28.
    Well, hello.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post

That what we carry in all the vans, petrol disc cutters, i fear no clampers
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

+ Reply to Thread