+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,216 of 1216

Thread: Gromit's music centre...

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    M-P Typ 240.

Finally took the plunge about 6 months ago - my dad once owned an M3 back in the 60's so felt it only right to have an 'M' of my own. They are lovely things, no doubt there.
    Very nice! I have an M3 and an M4. They have been all over the world with me and have taken thousands of photographs, under all weather conditions without problem - they have been superbly reliable.

I haven't got on well with digital cameras; mainly I think because most of them do not have an eye-level viewfinder. Having spent most of my time with rangefinder cameras, as distinct from SLRs, the M-P Type 240 is the one I would go for, but only if I could use the Leica lenses I have.
    Barry

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Very nice! I have an M3 and an M4. They have been all over the world with me and have taken thousands of photographs, under all weather conditions without problem - they have been superbly reliable.

I haven't got on well with digital cameras; mainly I think because most of them do not have an eye-level viewfinder. Having spent most of my time with rangefinder cameras, as distinct from SLRs, the M-P Type 240 is the one I would go for, but only if I could use the Leica lenses I have.
    M3 & M4 is a lovely set, no question. I quite fancy an M6 (with the meter) some time in my future but there's always time. The M3 has to be 'the one' though.

I have spent some time shooting film in the last couple of years, mostly Medium Format (I have a 500CM, Mamiya 645 and Yashica 635 TLR) which is a lot of fun, and the results can be incredible. My heart still belongs - film-wise - to my old Nikon F3. A camera that's been everywhere, from the snows of the high Alps to the Saudi desert. Not once in 30 years has it let me down. So much truth in the saying 'they don't make them like that any more'.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Buffet-blower.

The first bit of hifi I've bought in over 4 years. Been streaming via my MacBook for quite a while, but got tired of the faff and wanted a simple, small & neat solution which could be controlled via phone or iPad. So far, I've been quite impressed with this little box of tricks. Sure, on a lot of material the turntable kills it, but this is more than good enough for proper listening. Super-quick delivery by Richer Sounds too.

Bluesound+Cyrus by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
    Richard.

Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Brian.

Hello Richard, hope you are well

What is it ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Hello Richard, hope you are well

What is it ?
    I'm good thanks, Brian - trust you & yours are too?

The little box is a Bluesound Node 2i streamer. Dragging me into the 21st century.
    Richard.

I'm Brian.

Aye all well here Richard

That looks like a nice bit of kit
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread