+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Belkin AV53001 12Ft 4M Speaker Cable

I'm Will.

...and another set from ebay

Even if you melt them down for scrap you'd get your money back!!!
    Cheers, Will

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    ...and another set from ebay

Even if you melt them down for scrap you'd get your money back!!!
    Just ordered a set... jeepers, the peer pressure. You guys would put Mrs Doyle to shame: "Go on, go on, go on, go on."

Just finished my monoblock gain clones, so these cables will do nicely.

Nathan
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

revenge is a dish best served cold . . .
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    revenge is a dish best served cold . . .
    ...and often!
    Cheers, Will

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Pity it doesn't mention the cable cross sectional area (csa) as they could well be interesting

If they were 2.5mm^2 or more then good news
    I don't think you should get too het up over the CSA aspect Mark as some of the best speaker cables I have ever heard could barely muster 0.6mm

Any road up, I have bought a set that Tim showed a picture of in the first post, so will give my verdict when they arrive.

I cannot seem to locate the 14awg cables. mainly because there is too much flowery marketing and not enough technical info in the adverts I have seen. Has anyone tried the 15awg flat cable?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    I don't think you should get too het up over the CSA aspect Mark as some of the best speaker cables I have ever heard could barely muster 0.6mm

Any road up, I have bought a set that Tim showed a picture of in the first post, so will give my verdict when they arrive.

I cannot seem to locate the 14awg cables. mainly because there is too much flowery marketing and not enough technical info in the adverts I have seen. Has anyone tried the 15awg flat cable?
    ditto

it sounds exceptional to me, it's another belkin bargain to add to the list.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I guess it depends on the cable run, IE how long it is & if there is a passive crossover after it Frank I prefer a thicker cable feeding my bass drivers simply because the amplifier will have more control over the cone due to an increase in damping factor with thicker cables.

I agree it may not matter with most passive speakers, but as i design my own & invariably the bass driver is directly driven from a power amp I like to keep loop resistance to a minimum That way i get the predicted driver response.
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Wow - came this morning (ordered at the weekend) and another belting Belkin bargain by the looks of them... I wonder how much these were retailing at originally? Shame they're too short for my main set up, but I couldn't be left out at that price!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Wow - came this morning (ordered at the weekend) and another belting Belkin bargain by the looks of them... I wonder how much these were retailing at originally? Shame they're too short for my main set up, but I couldn't be left out at that price!
    So did mine -- Holy moley these are chunky cables. Cannot try them yet as I'm at work and there is no hi-fi to hook em up to...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm David.

think they sold for £80-£90 originally, the packaging is something else, takes ages to get them out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast