+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thorens TD160 Base

I'm Barry.

I've just got this deck and I'm giving it the once over.
    Foam will be removed from springs, thanks for the tip.
    If I don't fit a base I would have to screw some feet into the four corner triangles and then they would stick out , depending on dia. of course.

I'm Mark.

I was going to go with a bit of ply with mine. Removing the original board and having nothing is definitely better. I thought the ply might improve the structural rigidity. I'm not sure if there would be much difference between mdf or ply.
    I ended up using an old Planar 2 that was trimmed to fit. I got it with the SME3009 I use in my TD160. The bearing was not so good and it had been cut to fit the SME so I couldn't see it having any value. I'm currently using the three Rega feet, but might experiment with spikes at some point.

synsei Guest

I discovered, completely by accident, that a 20mm thick granite chopping block sold by our local branch of The Range was a perfect fit in the base aperture at the bottom of my TD160 mkII, so I glued three adjustable gold plated feet to the base of the block and used doubled-sided tape on the corners to stop any vibration due to the TT resting on the block. It works a treat and has tightened up the sound a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12